U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2016, 03:58 PM

1 posts, read 658 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are moving to the MSP area in a few weeks for his new job. We are looking to buy a small house with a fenced in yard and a 2 car garage near Roseville where he will be working. I've looked around a lot on Zillow and Realtor but don't know enough about the neighborhoods to know where the best place to look is. We'd ideally like a house under 150k since I likely won't have a job right away. I would appreciate any advice on neighborhoods around Roseville (not in RV, since we can't afford it). Also, any recommendations on realtors would be greatly appreciated as we will be in town house-hunting in a couple of weeks. Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2017, 08:58 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,679,519 times
Generally speaking, under $150k will put you in a questionable part of town, or a townhouse. Near Roseville, I'm guessing Columbia Heights and Little Canada to be some of your less expensive bets?

Old 01-01-2017, 11:31 AM

91 posts, read 96,007 times
$150k is a very tight budget for house, or even a townhouse with something that doesn't need work near Roseville.
There is this one home in Roseville - 637 Eldridge Ave W, Roseville, MN 55113 - realtor.comĀ®

Nearby areas don't have homes in that price range as well. Inventory in general under 250k is tight.

Old 01-04-2017, 01:58 PM

295 posts, read 772,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlforrester View Post
My husband and I are moving to the MSP area in a few weeks for his new job. We are looking to buy a small house with a fenced in yard and a 2 car garage near Roseville where he will be working. I've looked around a lot on Zillow and Realtor but don't know enough about the neighborhoods to know where the best place to look is. We'd ideally like a house under 150k since I likely won't have a job right away. I would appreciate any advice on neighborhoods around Roseville (not in RV, since we can't afford it). Also, any recommendations on realtors would be greatly appreciated as we will be in town house-hunting in a couple of weeks. Thanks!
That is a very tight budget.

Coon Rapids, New Brighton, Columbia Heights (as mentioned), maybe Blaine?

I don't think you're up against any bad areas around Roseville. If you were needing to choose a school district you may want to dig a bit deeper. But as far as safety/nice areas you should be pretty okay IMO.

Old 01-05-2017, 04:14 PM

736 posts, read 819,803 times
I agree 150K wont get you into any area. Well i shouldnt say it like that. homes under that range though dont often come with a garage and will have street parking etc. Even in the burbs that doesn't get you much here. Not trying to deflate your opinions and hopes. I just think you may need to increase that or start looking at townhomes. realtor recommendations cant be given on here. But you shouldn't have a problem finding one in the area that ill help. You can direct message people for recommendations as well but they cant post or advertise. you'll probably have to look at Golden Valley, New Hope, Brooklyn Center and Columbia Heights but depending on what your idea of a 'GOOD AREA" is this may not be what youre looking for at all or it could be just fine.You could go the other way all the way over to maplewood or Oakdale too. Kids? School importance? Transportation needs? The metro is fairly large but depending on how you get to work you can live a lot of places that seem further away that really only take 20 minutes or so. For example. We work Downtown Minneapolis but chose to live in Apple Valley. OUr commute is a nice easy shot up 35 and there in 20-25 minutes in no traffic butin traffic that is 45 minutes. The metro is more oval that round so commutes north and south are much easier than east and weest if that makes sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul