Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 06:19 AM

22 posts, read 29,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unnativeelpasoan View Post
Uh, NO. No, you cannot! Sorry, but your rent prices are waaay off. Maybe that's how it was a few years ago, but not anymore.

Anyway, I thought the rest of your post was really good and spot on!
I think it depends how hard you look. I just looked up my old complex in Whittier, and it's still there for just under $800. Here's the link if you're curious.

Lived there for 2 years. Neighborhood is fairly safe. Management is responsive. Neighbors were pretty decent (no noise issues, no messiness issues, etc). There were a couple compromises: they're not the prettiest buildings, kitchen layout is weird, square footage isn't as much as some other buildings nearby. But really, nothing that's an enormous deal if you're single and your main goal is to affordably live in a decent place in Minneapolis. If I were to move back, I would have no reservations about renting from them again.

Yeah, this is a pretty good price for the area, it's true. But it goes to show it can definitely be done!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2017, 07:48 AM

588 posts, read 556,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilin42 View Post
Also, never forget, there is no paradise! The grass is never greener. It's all just trade-offs.
So very true!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul