U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 09:17 AM

115 posts, read 72,212 times

Advertisements

The creatures which were shot did nothing wrong... It appears the cop just wanted to kill something. His remark "one's still alive" too just gives the impression he has no regard for other lives. I don't hate police officers, but they should be held accountable like everyone else. Kill a person or animal in cold blood? Lock that sleezebag up. No question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2017, 11:04 AM

70 posts, read 80,219 times
The news reported that the MPD is paying LeMay's vet bills. So then, what has she done with the $35,000+ raised on the GoFundMe page she set up?

Old 07-23-2017, 10:13 PM

413 posts, read 447,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minndavid60 View Post
The news reported that the MPD is paying LeMay's vet bills. So then, what has she done with the $35,000+ raised on the GoFundMe page she set up?
How much is the loss of a pet's life worth to you?

Old 07-24-2017, 10:29 PM

20,010 posts, read 18,103,347 times
He should be sentenced to community service walking dogs and cleaning cages at local animal shelters. Then maybe have a K 9 officer let his partner chow down on his genitals.

Old 07-25-2017, 12:19 AM

5,051 posts, read 5,716,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wushuliu View Post
Not to minimize the incident, but the dogs were not killed. Also, news reports say the city has agreed to pay a portion of the vet bills, so presumably the $40,000 in the GoFundMe account will be factored in.
https://www.google.com/amp/minnesota...-shooting/amp/

Old 07-25-2017, 08:53 AM

256 posts, read 205,966 times
I want to support Twin Cities police. I really do. I know that police are a necessary part of a civilized society. I was raised to respect the police, and have known many great cops during my life. I know (or, at least, hope) that the vast majority of police officers joined the force with the absolute best of intentions.

But that said, I am getting really worried about the way these men and women are being trained (or, maybe more likely, not trained). Why is it that reaching for the deadliest of their weapons is seemingly the first order of business whenever they feel slightly threatened? In the interest of staying on point with this particular incident...... why shouldn't we expect police officers to, when actually threatened by a dog (which doesn't even seem to be the case here!), carry out their jobs with the same composure we expect from the United States Postal Service? I just saw a figure the other day that there were something like 10,000 dogs shot by police last year; I wasn't able to find any data on dog shootings by mail carriers, but I think I'm pretty safe in assuming that's because the number is damn close to zero.

Old 07-25-2017, 10:42 AM

70 posts, read 80,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wushuliu View Post
1. They didn't die.
2. For her to keep one dime of the GoFundMe $ not covered by the MPD is completely unethical.

Please understand the facts of this situation before your next comment, and thank you.

Old 07-25-2017, 11:31 AM

5,659 posts, read 2,823,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
He should be sentenced to community service walking dogs and cleaning cages at local animal shelters. Then maybe have a K 9 officer let his partner chow down on his genitals.
That would be taking a bite out of crime

Old 07-26-2017, 09:51 AM
Status: "Presidents don't need to know how to read!" (set 6 days ago)

21,844 posts, read 22,787,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minndavid60 View Post

$36,766 and rising.

thanks for the info, sent in $30 myself, the money will be used to hire one of the numerous law firms to go after the city for a large payout and further deserved humiliation for the behavior of their public servants.

https://www.gofundme.com/43u375s

...oh jeez, appears that there is missing audio now from the body cam footage that could have supported officer May's official report that the dogs with the wagging tales and wiggly buts were growling at him...weird isn't it?

https://patch.com/minnesota/minneapo...fter-dogs-shot

^Questions surrounding the use of body cameras have been raised for the second time in a Minneapolis police shooting, this one involving two pit bulls said to be service dogs for two special needs children. The officer was wearing a body camera, but the audio was muted on the section of video that showed him shooting and seriously injuring the two dogs, and the footage ultimately raised more questions than it answered.

Old 07-26-2017, 05:10 PM

15,307 posts, read 4,982,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
$36,766 and rising.

thanks for the info, sent in $30 myself, the money will be used to hire one of the numerous law firms to go after the city for a large payout and further deserved humiliation for the behavior of their public servants.

https://www.gofundme.com/43u375s

...oh jeez, appears that there is missing audio now from the body cam footage that could have supported officer May's official report that the dogs with the wagging tales and wiggly buts were growling at him...weird isn't it?

https://patch.com/minnesota/minneapo...fter-dogs-shot

^Questions surrounding the use of body cameras have been raised for the second time in a Minneapolis police shooting, this one involving two pit bulls said to be service dogs for two special needs children. The officer was wearing a body camera, but the audio was muted on the section of video that showed him shooting and seriously injuring the two dogs, and the footage ultimately raised more questions than it answered.
New police chief Arredondo has a lot on his plate to fix. The last few weeks have been a PR nightmare for the MPD and it was mostly self inflicted. Do give them credit for paying the vet bills, though.

Could not rep you again. Kudos to you on the donation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or