Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 09:45 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,464,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
The reason Black households earn so much less is because they're predominantly single earner households.
Where's your data to back this up? I'm a single earner household who makes almost double that. And I should be making more than double that by now, but do you know why I'm not? Because racist white managers are refusing to sign off on the promotion that I earned long ago.

All the statistics point to Minnesota being a terribly racist place for black people. Accept it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2017, 08:26 PM

What makes you think I want to live in Atlanta?

Old 09-15-2017, 09:55 PM

Racist white people are everywhere. What big city in America do you know that's 90% black? I'd love to survey this mythical place. The one that comes closest is probably Detroit. If you have a job for me in Detroit...or DC for that matter, I'll gladly take it.

Old 09-18-2017, 06:18 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,159,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedosius View Post
I wonder if any actual Christians feel like 'liberals hate them'? If there are any, could you speak up?
Just curious what Christians might think so we don't have this 'argument by proxy' from people whose behavior show them not to be Christian at all.
I'm not liberal. Nor a Christian. The "Christian's" that get called out by some "liberals" are the big mouth, my-way-or-the-highway types. They are in your face and proud of it.

You know the type. They are name callers saying phrases like *******'s and go off about how smart they are. In 2017, this conversation is getting more popular and seems to be the norm. In fairness, the self righteous types are on both sides of the isle. I'm not a fan of either.

People should read this eye opening book of our sad history related to housing.
here is a FASCINATING interview 'The Color Of Law' Details How U.S. Housing Policies Created Segregation : NPR . In summary, it shows how damning segregation was. Where you live creates wealth for the middle class and is why it is easier to climb out of social situation for some groups versus others. The section that I found most interesting was the massive appreciation of the Bay area for the white neighborhood versus the government sponsored segregated of minorities. I learned when you dig deeper to learn why people are where they are, it makes must more sense. I will also say the guy on the street who has never bothered to become educated on the topic will have no idea this happened to this level.

Old 09-18-2017, 10:56 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,709,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
I'm not liberal. Nor a Christian. The "Christian's" that get called out by some "liberals" are the big mouth, my-way-or-the-highway types. They are in your face and proud of it.

You know the type. They are name callers saying phrases like *******'s and go off about how smart they are. In 2017, this conversation is getting more popular and seems to be the norm. In fairness, the self righteous types are on both sides of the isle. I'm not a fan of either.
I haven't wanted to weigh in on this because it's off topic, but liberal contempt for Christianity has been front image news in recent weeks. I'll give Feinstein and Durbin this: they're honest and don't hide their hostility toward Christian views.

http://thehill.com/opinion/civil-rig...-test-on-judge

Last edited by Glenfield; 09-18-2017 at 11:47 AM..

Old 09-18-2017, 01:35 PM

871 posts, read 1,088,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
I haven't wanted to weigh in on this because it's off topic, but liberal contempt for Christianity has been front image news in recent weeks. I'll give Feinstein and Durbin this: they're honest and don't hide their hostility toward Christian views.

Feinstein, Durbin dangerously close to pushing religious test on judge | TheHill
Except this is not an example of 'liberal contempt for Christianity', but good try...

Old 09-18-2017, 02:47 PM

1,235 posts, read 732,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Racist white people are everywhere. What big city in America do you know that's 90% black? I'd love to survey this mythical place. The one that comes closest is probably Detroit. If you have a job for me in Detroit...or DC for that matter, I'll gladly take it.
Me too.....

Old 09-18-2017, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedosius View Post
Except this is not an example of 'liberal contempt for Christianity', but good try...
Actually, it is a very good example but thank you for your input.

Old 09-19-2017, 06:27 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,159,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post

Feinstein, Durbin dangerously close to pushing religious test on judge | TheHill
For starters, I'm not a fan of Feinstein or Durbin as they are in peoples face. But I highly doubt they have "hostility toward Christian views". Rather, overly passionate for abortion rights and LGBT rights and their legislative impacts. Personally, those topics don't have much impact in my life. Also, any controversial topic isn't black and white. But if your point was that they crossed the line by unprofessionally grilling her, we would agree.

The most severe example of people who hold hostility toward Christians are those who would kill others based off of their religious bigotry/beliefs. They are followed by people who make fun of the concept of "faith". Again, my mind doesn't personally buy into the theory of "faith" (I prefer logic and probable science). But I'm not going to push my viewpoints on others.

Old 09-19-2017, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
For starters, I'm not a fan of Feinstein or Durbin as they are in peoples face. But I highly doubt they have "hostility toward Christian views". Rather, overly passionate for abortion rights and LGBT rights and their legislative impacts. Personally, those topics don't have much impact in my life. Also, any controversial topic isn't black and white. But if your point was that they crossed the line by unprofessionally grilling her, we would agree.

The most severe example of people who hold hostility toward Christians are those who would kill others based off of their religious bigotry/beliefs. They are followed by people who make fun of the concept of "faith". Again, my mind doesn't personally buy into the theory of "faith" (I prefer logic and probable science). But I'm not going to push my viewpoints on others.
I think those who try to exclude people from public life based on their religious beliefs are more dangerous than those who make fun of others and, based on the no religious test and free speech provisions in the Constitution, it would seem that the Founding Fathers agreed.

I don't think anyone knows whether these two are displaying genuine personal animosity or trying to secure a political advantage. Since the outcome is the same I don't think that motive makes that much difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul