U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2018, 09:35 PM

28 posts, read 89,005 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me about how long the commute is from Victoria to St Louis Park at peak times in the morning?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2018, 07:31 AM

5,834 posts, read 6,452,759 times
Honestly, your best bet is to put the exact locations into something like Google maps, Apple Map, or Waze at the time you will be traveling. Do this several times. Tomorrow morning, when traffic conditions are supposed to be bad, would be a good start.

People’s opinions are very subjective and it can depend a lot on the exact address. There is a measurable difference in the time to commute to Blake Rd and Hwy 7 versus 394 and Louisiana but they are both in SLP.

Old 03-04-2018, 02:48 PM

878 posts, read 981,935 times
I live in Victoria and my husband spends a lot of time in SLP for work. Depending on where in Victoria you're traveling from and where in SLP you're traveling to-- it can take as little as 25-30ish minutes.

It doesn't seem to be impacted as much as you'd think by rush hour (at least, according to Waze)-- checking from the Victoria Rec Center to the Rec in SLP, it barely varies due to the hour (varies from 26 minutes to 29 minutes). My husband's personal experience seems to back that up, it's consistently 30ish minutes there and/or back during peak times (of course, snow at peak times can likely double those travel times).

There are a number of ways to get there (as you can take 212, 5, or 7 East to either 100 or 169 North), so if one artery is clogged, you can likely find another one to take.

Hope that helps.

Old 03-04-2018, 08:09 PM

1,349 posts, read 1,344,109 times
Probably the most annoying part is from Victoria to 494. Lots of lights on 5 or 7. 212 is better but that’s farther south.

Old 03-05-2018, 11:09 AM

878 posts, read 981,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr roboto View Post
Probably the most annoying part is from Victoria to 494. Lots of lights on 5 or 7. 212 is better but that’s farther south.
That is definitely true. For some people, even though it's a big longer/more circuitous, it might make sense to head south on Victoria Drive and head east on Engler/10 and jump on 212-- just to not have to deal with the stop and go on either 5 or 7.

There are other ways to get onto 212 other than Engler, but most of them will either be further out of the way (i.e. heading down Victoria Drive to where 212 intersects Johnathon Carver Parkway)-- or dealing with the traffic snarl on 41/Chestnut. Another alternative might be heading east on 5 and if the traffic gets to be too heavy eastbound, jumping on 212 at Powers or 101 (as 212 isn't quite as far south of 5/Arboretum at those points).

OR even heading north to County Road 5/Minnetonka (once you're far enough east)

Really it all depends on where in Victoria they're starting from --not that it's a HUGE town by any means, but for some, 10/Engler is super close and for others Highway 7 is. Highway 5/Arboretum tends to have the worst bottlenecks as it goes down to 1 lane in each direction as you head to and from Chan.

This is why I love Waze-- it rarely steers me wrong even if it means I may take a different route each day!

Old 03-18-2018, 02:31 AM

28 posts, read 89,005 times
Thanks everybody!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul