Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 08:48 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,446,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
It's not even close to talk about the season being over. Not even remotely close.

Sano's error in that 9th inning was ugly as well. Forgot to mention that.
Believe it or not I'm actually going to defend Rodney - just a bit - here. He got 2 ground balls that should have been outs before serving up the Sanchez rocket. The team is just finding ways to lose rather than finding ways to win, period. Sano is too big and immobile to play 3rd base. He needs to be at first or DH-ing. Gibson was brilliant yesterday. He's turning into one of the leagues best pitchers, and I could not have imagined myself saying that a year ago at this time. Cryin' shame they blew that game for him.

As frustrating as the current situation is, I remember a similar start last season. There were 2 series in particular - one against Houston and the other vs. Boston I think - where the Twins got pummeled so badly I thought they were headed for more losses than the 103 they racked up in 2016......but they had talent on that team and eventually the talent came to the surface.

I think this years team is even more talented, but that doesn't mean they can afford to fall too far too early in the standings. Number one, Buxton needs to get back in the lineup. Number two, Rodney - even though he got shafted by his defense yesterday - is not going to cut it as closer, and has to go. He does not have the stuff to get hitters out consistently anymore. Reed or Pressly need to close. Number three, Morrison has got to start hitting. This guy belted 38 homers last year. He looks clueless at the plate. That can't continue.

I think - once Santana gets back especially - that the starters will right the ship and that the bats are eventually going to explode to get this team back into contention (even though Lance Lynn has looked awful). Again, they HAVE to have Buxton in the lineup, though. This is supposed to be his breakout season on the heels of his great finish last year. Maybe they'll even find a way to win a game against the Yankees before the curtain comes down on 2018. Crazier things have happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2018, 08:25 PM

6,552 posts, read 7,133,096 times
He almost blew it again today.

Old 04-28-2018, 08:27 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
Molly gotta straighten these boys out.

I remember his first year he brought us within 3 games of post season, then made a mess of things. Then he brought them to the PS and it seems like he wants to reverse the trend again.

Old 04-29-2018, 05:17 PM

Another ugly loss to Cincy. Yikes.

Old 04-29-2018, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Another ugly loss to Cincy. Yikes.
I have to admit that I’m genuinely concerned at this point. They’re the worst team in the league since the Puerto Rico trip, and after that display against the Reds they might be the worst team in the league outright.

The only thing they have going for them at this point is playing in a bad division, but even that won’t save them if this hapless dumpster fire burns for much longer. They look like they have no clue.

Old 04-29-2018, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
I have to admit that I’m genuinely concerned at this point. They’re the worst team in the league since the Puerto Rico trip, and after that display against the Reds they might be the worst team in the league outright.

The only thing they have going for them at this point is playing in a bad division, but even that won’t save them if this hapless dumpster fire burns for much longer. They look like they have no clue.
It's like '15-'16 all over again - finishing a few games out of post season and then an utter atrocity of a season Molly's sophomore effort.

Then we make the post season last year and we're on pace for 90 losses this season.

I am honestly shocked.

Old 05-01-2018, 09:32 PM

I can't believe how bad we are. I work nights so I listen to what I can and to come home and see this mess they're making in extra innings turns my stomach. This team is playing as bad as the dumpster hellfire we had two seasons ago.

Old 05-01-2018, 11:06 PM

Quote:
I can't believe how bad we are. I work nights so I listen to what I can and to come home and see this mess they're making in extra innings turns my stomach. This team is playing as bad as the dumpster hellfire we had two seasons ago.
Trying to stay positive, but this is bad. They couldn't hold a lead if it were sutured to them right now.

Feels like the season is over before it even began the way they're playing, doesn't it?

Old 05-02-2018, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
Trying to stay positive, but this is bad. They couldn't hold a lead if it were sutured to them right now.

Feels like the se:

Nothing like losing 11 of 12 (or whatever it is) to kill interest in your ball club the first month of the season.

Old 05-03-2018, 06:27 AM

Romero looked good yesterday. I don't care if it was his debut and teams hadn't seen him before, I will take ANYTHING to get excited about with these guys right now. That includes the 3 and 1/3 innings of scoreless relief from the 'pen yesterday, as well. Even Rodney pitched an inning without allowing any runs!

4 game set with the White Sox beginning tonight in Chicago. They stink. A big plate of "turn it around" is being put right in front of Minny......all they have to do is eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul