U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 08:15 AM

8,245 posts, read 13,687,943 times

Advertisements

Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe the rally and protests are all protected under the first amendment.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2019, 09:12 AM

9,675 posts, read 9,226,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe the rally and protests are all protected under the first amendment.
of course they are but some people inter[erat that to mean you can only say stuff if you agree with them and by the way we prevent you from assembling unless you agree with us.....It's going to be a Sheeyt show. There are calls out for counter protest.... Someone will start swinging and then some one will respond with deadly force....That's what the left is driving for....

Old 10-08-2019, 09:48 AM

680 posts, read 270,257 times
Quote:
It’s called extortion. Charging a massive fee for free speech. Liberals want less freedoms for anyone that doesn’t agree with them.

Old 10-08-2019, 10:13 AM

8,245 posts, read 13,687,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew_MI View Post
It’s called extortion. Charging a massive fee for free speech. Liberals want less freedoms for anyone that doesn’t agree with them.
Extortion implies that the city would receive a benefit. I’m not sure that applies in this case since what is being requested is what would be needed in order to provide security for the event. Unless you’re suggesting that they are drastically inflating the number...that I’m not aware of.

Old 10-08-2019, 10:20 AM

15 posts, read 19,903 times
How much did the city charge Elizabeth Warren for her recent rally?

Old 10-08-2019, 10:23 AM

413 posts, read 206,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew_MI View Post
Bingo. Liberals will never stop until they've created a totalitarian, one party regime in this country. Their's.

Old 10-08-2019, 10:24 AM

5,662 posts, read 6,238,949 times
Quote:
Extortion implies that the city would receive a benefit. I’m not sure that applies in this case since what is being requested is what would be needed in order to provide security for the event. Unless you’re suggesting that they are drastically inflating the number...that I’m not aware of.
I would not use the term extortion, but conditioning speech on the payment of any sort of fee is discriminatory in favor or the wealthy (or candidates with sizable campaign funds) and disadvantages the poor (or candidates with small campaign funds.) This is something that should not be desirable, especially if one is concerned about the influence of money in politics

Security costs or concerns could be used to mask foster viewpoint discrimination. I am not saying this is happening in this case but it has been used in a university setting.

https://www.mndaily.com/article/2018/07/brshapiro

Old 10-08-2019, 10:25 AM

413 posts, read 206,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by regulusgeek View Post
How much did the city charge Elizabeth Warren for her recent rally?
Was she here? (not challenging, just asking as I don't recall). To your point, there would be no need for the city to charge Warren for any rally she has or would hold here because the right would not show up with signs and bullhorns and would not spit on people trying to attend her rally, physically assault them, etc. Those are the intimidation tactics from the left which in turn, cause the need for security.

Old 10-08-2019, 10:28 AM

9,145 posts, read 3,830,829 times
Wasn’t the OP asking about traffic?

Old 10-08-2019, 01:11 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,209,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Wasn’t the OP asking about traffic?
Yup. And it turned into this ... again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or