Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2020, 11:34 AM

472 posts, read 438,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
We're already making plans to go back south. We love Minnesota and have spent 3 years trying to build a life here, but I will not raise my family in this apocalyptic environment Tim Walz and the rest of these DFL nutbags have created. It's going to take years to recover from the damage these politicians have done....if recovery is even possible at this point. The advantages of living here that I've so often described in other posts have been overtaken by our vision of what this place is becoming and what it will look like in the years to come. Think Detroit. More like it every day. Not having it. Hell no.

I'm fixing to leave too. The issue I have is that my job does not transfer to anywhere else but I can't live in what feels like a war zone. And with the horrible leadership I don't see it getting any better.

Where are you planning to move? I'm trying to decide because I don't want to go anywhere with similarly weak leadership otherwise moving would be pointless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2020, 11:46 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,521,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Until we decide to fight back with force. I wish.
Police Protection in the Cities is an oxymoron.
Free citizens must protect themselves.

Police do not protect you from crime,
they just might investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights reserved.

Old 05-30-2020, 11:46 AM

7,733 posts, read 6,460,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
I'm sensing a new influx of State of Minnesota refugees coming to South Dakota. Minnesota as a state has been kind to us over the last decades sending us many businesses to primarily escape their taxes. Now there appears to be a whole new group of people coming to escape their government's policies/idiocies that are destroying what once once a gem of a city.

It appears that Minneapolis is being turned over to all the thugs, brainless liberals of all colors, and (Yes, I'll say it) massive numbers of immigrants who refuse to assimilate.

I never dreamed that riots of this scale could happen there. This was the crazy crap that always happened in other cities. Thanks to all the Democratic elected officials and their cowardice, it is going to take the federal government to handle what they should have.

Someone mentioned the possible correlation with Detroit. Don't blink, it could happen.

What the hell do immigrants have to do with anything? Are y'all that sheltered in South Dakota? Most immigrants here assimilate. Even the ones that don't... have NOTHING to do with these riots.

Old 05-30-2020, 12:16 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,068,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
The police have denied the identity of one man, but the other one is still unidentified.

link

Ordinarily, these kinds of police entrapment are done to get the protestors to commit the actual crime and round them up on charges. Here, you don't see that. The intent appears to be to force a stronger response from the police or national guard and broaden the protests. One sees this often in other countries where the US is trying to overthrow the government (against which Trump has actually made such threats). What's missing are the snipers.
Exactly, the Antifa playbook is set up to create an environment for another "Kent State", which would only reinforce the position that they are "oppressed" and generate tinder for more fires. Textbook Bill Ayers. The Leaders of our country need to stop playing checkers when the Enemies of our country are striving to play chess.

Old 05-30-2020, 12:24 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
Could the string of pathological lying, blame-whitey pieces of a **** Walz just puked up on TV have been any more divisive and disgusting? I feel sick to my stomach right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
My point was that the Supreme Court here told Evers to take a flying leap. This state is open.
By one vote. Not arguing with you - I'm thankfu for WI. [

Old 05-30-2020, 01:20 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,288 times
I’m SO happy to hear that you are all leaving. I plan to move back to MN in the next 4-5 years and I will be happy to have lower housing costs due to diminished demand.

Old 05-30-2020, 01:20 PM

3,816 posts, read 6,446,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Could the string of pathological lying, blame-whitey pieces of a **** Walz just puked up on TV have been any more divisive and disgusting? I feel sick to my stomach right now.

By one vote. Not arguing with you - I'm thankfu for WI. [
Hey, whatever it takes. We’re up in Ashland now. Freekin gorgeous up here and about to go sit down and have a meal in a restaurant! Shhhh.....don’t tell “Turn the dial” Timmy!

Old 05-30-2020, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWarden View Post
I'm fixing to leave too. The issue I have is that my job does not transfer to anywhere else but I can't live in what feels like a war zone. And with the horrible leadership I don't see it getting any better.

Where are you planning to move? I'm trying to decide because I don't want to go anywhere with similarly weak leadership otherwise moving would be pointless.
I’m not going to say yet because that opens the door for all these libs to rag on it and I don’t want to derail the thread, but it’s south and a place we don’t have to worry about “leaders” like Walz and his virus mistress Whitmer.

Old 05-30-2020, 02:44 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,710,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
I’m SO happy to hear that you are all leaving. I plan to move back to MN in the next 4-5 years and I will be happy to have lower housing costs due to diminished demand.
I didn’t see your post earlier because I was busy moving my dumpster and anything else that could be burned or used as a projectile tonight into my garage. Now that I have seen it, I have to say it takes a particular type of person to take joy in another person’s calamity. I hope you never have to fear for the safety of your family as we are now. Please don’t bother to respond because I am muting you.

Last edited by Glenfield; 05-30-2020 at 02:55 PM..

Old 05-30-2020, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Yeah it’ll be diminished all right. Or was that demolished?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul