Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 08:36 PM

719 posts, read 986,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
I'm as disgusted as you are about this circus. They're making this guy out for being some kind of a saint. HE'S A 5 TIME FELON. There was no reason he had to die like he did, but for dear God America, he's more of what is the problem in this country than any expanded blame that you can put on our nations police departments.

I posted the following on a thread from the Sports segment of C-D discussing Colin Kaepernick. I think it fits better here. This is a brilliant statement by Candice Owens that truly nails the issues concerning the overblown narrative about black oppression by law enforcement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtPf..._gTRaXo208Hc94
She's one of the most intelligent and eloquent women on the planet - and that requires no supplementary mention of her race. Candice is just smart as a whip, period.

I'd vote for her for president in a heartbeat, and I honestly hope that's where she ends up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2020, 07:14 AM

3,874 posts, read 4,693,993 times
Default The Truth About George Floyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessoftheCape View Post
She's one of the most intelligent and eloquent women on the planet - and that requires no supplementary mention of her race. Candice is just smart as a whip, period.

I'd vote for her for president in a heartbeat, and I honestly hope that's where she ends up.
That you would not only describe that clip as "eloquent" speech & then post that video clip of Candace Owens & then also "...vote for her for president in a heartbeat..." says volumes about you.

Yes, this is the same Candace Owens who has had her twitter account suspended at least once & also had a GoFundMe account of hers suspended as well.
Read the reasons why GoFundMe put an end to her account. They are telling...

I am all over the place on the cable airwaves and watch a lot of variety in perspectives from left to right can hardly think of another more repulsive media face than Owens and that is saying a lot!
Her discourse NEVER HELPS America to look at & honestly repair problems we face as a nation much less repair the divides that separate us.

That fact she (and YOU have on these Twin Cities pages) actively disparaged a dead human being before he was even laid to rest in the ground is disgusting beyond the standards of human decency.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/gofundme-...er-alabama-bar

Old 06-10-2020, 07:36 AM

24 posts, read 23,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
d YOU have on these Twin Cities pages) actively disparaged a dead human being before he was even laid to rest in the ground is disgusting beyond the standards of human decency.
Floyd is a criminal. Just accept it. This information is publicly available online. Why don't we build a statue of Floyd riding a horse and place where General Lee was in Richmond? This way a dead human being will be fully satisfied.

Old 06-10-2020, 07:45 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times
In Glasgow we have crazy protests too with statues being painted with slogans.. most of them dont give a damn about slavery or who or what their destroying its a Lockdown way to get out and join in.. without being arrested.. some want a street named after Floyd... Now firstly what happened to that man was disgusting and cruel and the police should pay for this but come on.. we cant have known felons on our street names. .. It wont stop at this either they want a list of new names put up where tobacco lords names are.. Change the names by all means but give it to men or women who did good for Glasgow..

Old 06-10-2020, 10:01 AM

4,860 posts, read 6,918,406 times
Quote:
That you would not only describe that clip as "eloquent" speech & then post that video clip of Candace Owens & then also "...vote for her for president in a heartbeat..." says volumes about you.

Yes, this is the same Candace Owens who has had her twitter account suspended at least once & also had a GoFundMe account of hers suspended as well.

I am all over the place on the cable airwaves and watch a lot of variety in perspectives from left to right can hardly think of another more repulsive media face than Owens and that is saying a lot!
Her discourse NEVER HELPS America to look at & honestly repair problems we face as a nation much less repair the divides that separate us.

That fact she (and YOU have on these Twin Cities pages) actively disparaged a dead human being before he was even laid to rest in the ground is disgusting beyond the standards of human decency.

Thank you for posting that attachment showing an interview having two of the brightest minds around in Maria Bartiromo and Candace Owens. You might want to watch what you posted for a shot of some real common sense.

READING below it states that Facebook cancelled Owen's Go Fund Me page. Big shock, like the policing done by this far leftist company would do anything else than shut down a conservative just because she posted actual truths which didn't match their hardcore entrenched narrative.

How is this a righteous slap in the face for Owens? Most of America isn't that stupid to think that Facebook and it's editors are the last word in virtue, honesty, and common sense.

Old 06-10-2020, 11:55 AM

719 posts, read 986,830 times
Quote:

My God! Suspended by the flippant, biased, censoring nitwits at Twitter?! WAR CRIMES!

Floyd was a thug who has been turned into the most ridiculous martyr of our times. Good riddance.

Old 06-10-2020, 12:22 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,090,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessoftheCape View Post
My God! Suspended by the flippant, biased, censoring nitwits at Twitter?! WAR CRIMES!

Floyd was a thug who has been turned into the most ridiculous martyr of our times. Good riddance.
I mistakenly thought in another thread that you were a bit more thoughtful than you appear to be here. When you're more bothered by a person's unrelated past (because it was irrelevant to the manner that he died) than you are the exemplification of a much larger problem -- by the way, a problem that should also strike fear into white people just as much as anyone else -- then it's probably coming from a negative space and I hope you're able to deal with that space before you pass on into nothingness. I don't know what might be going on in your life, or what you've been heard since you were but a young child, but the debate about police brutality which is admittedly framed in an extreme manner by those it has affected most is also a class issue that effects non people of color as well. Right after this video surfaced, police forces around the country and including my home town of Tucson, Arizona rushed to pass a law making it illegal for civilians to take images of police officers during arrests. If you think the police forces have their sights set solely on black people or latinos, they don't. They already criminalize lower class whites at a rate much higher than they do the middle and upper classes, the latter whom get basically a free pass in our society. What's coming next is an attempt to tighten the noose around the necks of Americans by a government which has spent the better part of nearly 4 decades slowly and effectively stripping away the civil and private rights of all Americans. How are you not more concerned by that than you are by slinging mud about a dead black man?

Old 06-10-2020, 12:36 PM

Default The Truth About George Floyd..

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersonic1990 View Post
Floyd is a criminal. Just accept it. This information is publicly available online. Why don't we build a statue of Floyd riding a horse and place where General Lee was in Richmond? This way a dead human being will be fully satisfied.
George Floyd's brother spoke earlier today before Congress. Philonise Floyd said it was shocking that his brother had been killed by police in an encounter in which they were investigating if he had counterfeited a $20 bill.
Quoting Mr. Floyd, “George wasn’t hurting anyone that day,” and he, " ..didn't deserve to die over $20."
He pointedly said, " I’m asking you, is that what a black man is worth? $20?”

So I will ask you, supersonic1990 the same thing?
How cheap is a life to you?

Old 06-10-2020, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llowllevellowll View Post
I mistakenly thought in another thread that you were a bit more thoughtful than you appear to be here. When you're more bothered by a person's unrelated past (because it was irrelevant to the manner that he died) than you are the exemplification of a much larger problem -- by the way, a problem that should also strike fear into white people just as much as anyone else -- then it's probably coming from a negative space and I hope you're able to deal with that space before you pass on into nothingness. I don't know what might be going on in your life, or what you've been heard since you were but a young child, but the debate about police brutality which is admittedly framed in an extreme manner by those it has affected most is also a class issue that effects non people of color as well. Right after this video surfaced, police forces around the country and including my home town of Tucson, Arizona rushed to pass a law making it illegal for civilians to take images of police officers during arrests. If you think the police forces have their sights set solely on black people or latinos, they don't. They already criminalize lower class whites at a rate much higher than they do the middle and upper classes, the latter whom get basically a free pass in our society. What's coming next is an attempt to tighten the noose around the necks of Americans by a government which has spent the better part of nearly 4 decades slowly and effectively stripping away the civil and private rights of all Americans. How are you not more concerned by that than you are by slinging mud about a dead black man?
Amen!

Old 06-10-2020, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
Thank you for posting that attachment showing an interview having two of the brightest minds around in Maria Bartiromo and Candace Owens. You might want to watch what you posted for a shot of some real common sense.

READING below it states that Facebook cancelled Owen's Go Fund Me page. Big shock, like the policing done by this far leftist company would do anything else than shut down a conservative just because she posted actual truths which didn't match their hardcore entrenched narrative.

How is this a righteous slap in the face for Owens? Most of America isn't that stupid to think that Facebook and it's editors are the last word in virtue, honesty, and common sense.
I'd suggest a better use of your judgment in picking media heroes to stick up for, jmgg.

I can give Maria Bartiromo some measure of props as a journalist, but Candace Owens..? Deserving of your line that included, "..two of the brightest minds around..."? Give me a break. A bile-producing mouth like that of Owens is a curse upon our national discourse.

Even the revolt that broke out about Owens among various chapters at the conservative young people's organization Turning Point USA indicated that the young members there in that organization had seen enough of her as their communications director.

And for what it's worth, I despise Facebook and Mark Zuckerberg. But your "far leftist" remark about Facebook is worth a chuckle..

https://www.thedailybeast.com/candac...tions-director

Last edited by atler8; 06-10-2020 at 01:07 PM.. Reason: coirrected a spelling error
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul