Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2021, 03:02 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,295,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatdude View Post
I would prefer not to get carjacked or catch a stray bullet in a place not normally known for overabundance of stray bullets and carjackers. Also, I would prefer to not be forced to refresh twitter 100 times a day to ensure I don't accidentally stumble upon a Saint Fentanylus conga line flash mob and have my car smashed up.
You wouldn’t. I’ve been living here the entire time and basically nothing has changed. My recommendation to you - don’t believe like 80% of the stuff you read on Twitter.

Old 03-30-2021, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedtheCat View Post
Nothing has changed from when, exactly?

I agree that Twitter is a mess and should be avoided. Absolutely

But all those videos and live streams from last summer were fake?? The violence right in front of me were just actors in a Liam Neeson movie? Reports of above average crime rates were made up?? The almost daily stories of violent crime is just racist propaganda?? I find it hard to believe nothing has changed in Minneapolis that past year or so.

I understand that particular poster has already written off the TC, and that is too bad-for him. There's a LOT of good there, there really is. But to pretend it's been business as usual, party like it's pre- covid and pre- Floyd murder and all that, ummm no.
No REASONABLE person thinks that the Twin cities are the gates of Hell, but I also think reasonable folks can have legit concerns-especially if the Chauvin verdict doesn;t go as they hope.
Not sure how pretending it's Mayberry, and being defensive helps the Cities overcome these challenges.
Stating that I have been living here the entire time and have not noticed any difference in my daily life nor impact to my perception of safety is not being defensive. It’s merely stating fact.

The only place where things have arguably been chaotic is at 38th and Chicago and anyone familiar with the city can tell you that the intersection was certainly no walk in the park prior to George Floyd.

Old 03-30-2021, 06:07 PM

3,756 posts, read 5,278,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Stating that I have been living here the entire time and have not noticed any difference in my daily life nor impact to my perception of safety is not being defensive. It’s merely stating fact.

The only place where things have arguably been chaotic is at 38th and Chicago and anyone familiar with the city can tell you that the intersection was certainly no walk in the park prior to George Floyd.
Well, daily life sure changed for Maria Mantini two weeks ago, and not in a good way.

https://www.dailyadvent.com/news/436...polis-bus-stop

Now that Professional Rabble Rouser-in-Chief Al Sharpton is in town, I wonder if he will bloviate about Ms. Mantini's case?

Old 03-30-2021, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
Well, daily life sure changed for Maria Mantini two weeks ago, and not in a good way.

https://www.dailyadvent.com/news/436...polis-bus-stop

Now that Professional Rabble Rouser-in-Chief Al Sharpton is in town, I wonder if he will bloviate about Ms. Mantini's case?
And what, crime like this didn’t happen in the city prior to last year? There were 97 murders here in 1995. The city has vastly improved since then. Come on...

Old 03-31-2021, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedtheCat View Post
Fact for you, sure, fair enough, fact for crime victims, not so much. I haven't caught COVID, nor has anyone I know, in my vast social circle. So by your logic, let's all discard masks, vaccines, and social distancing, because COVID can't possibly be a concern since I don't have it.
Terrible comparison. I never said that people shouldn’t take safety precautions and be vigilant. This is a big city. There will always be some crime here. I just think this silly narrative being spewed here post after post that crime is out of control and if I go outside I’ll get assaulted and my car will get jacked is over the top. Equally absurd is that I’m hearing this from people who don’t live here and who haven’t even set foot in the city since George Floyd.

Last edited by Cruz Azul Guy; 03-31-2021 at 08:24 PM..

Old 04-01-2021, 02:39 PM

19 posts, read 15,564 times
Is it just me or is crime going down? My citizen app is very quiet these past weeks.

Old 04-01-2021, 02:47 PM

1,296 posts, read 1,054,705 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rklsv2pWOg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motul86 View Post
Is it just me or is crime going down? My citizen app is very quiet these past weeks.

Old 04-01-2021, 04:53 PM

Well, I don't live or go anywhere near there. Sucks for the 0.1% of Mpls population that do live there, though.

Things on Citizen App and Crimempls twitter have been very, very calm.

Do you get off by things going badly in the city? Sold property, moved out and want to reassure yourself you did the right thing type of deal?

Old 04-01-2021, 05:15 PM

I prefer the risks of living in a city than the soul crushing feeling of living in a suburb. Been there, done that, not doing it again.

Safe? Yes. Soul crushing? Absolutely.

Old 04-02-2021, 08:35 AM

1,296 posts, read 1,054,705 times
Well, in an ideal world cities would be safe and those who make them unsafe get transported to should-crushing prisons. But you voted for an ilhanced world instead, where those who make cities unsafe get to walk free and crush your soul by relieving it of all the extra money, iPhones and occasionally cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motul86 View Post
I prefer the risks of living in a city than the soul crushing feeling of living in a suburb. Been there, done that, not doing it again.

Safe? Yes. Soul crushing? Absolutely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul