Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2021, 02:12 PM

542 posts, read 448,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citykid3785 View Post
I thought you were going to say he survived the bear attack only to be attacked and mauled by BLM rioters
I thought you were referring to the capital hill rioters. They were far more deadly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2021, 10:00 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,277,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever View Post
I'm planning on being up in the cities to take care of a few errands (North St. Paul, Snelling Ave in St. Paul with a hotel in downtown St. Paul). I'm planning to get around VIA Uber.

Rather than wade through media hysteria, can someone tell me if I can expect to be dealing with rioters, wannabe rioters or other street level social hassles? I can adjust my hotel, but the others not so much.

TIA
I would avoid staying at the hotels in downtown St Paul and downtown Minneapolis. Those places get worse after dark when the thugs and trouble makers wake up and hit the streets. I'd stay in Woodbury, an eastern suburban area, not in downtown St Paul. You could pick other suburban area hotels too, but avoid the Brooklyn Center area of the twin cities. That's where you might run into trouble with the rioters, trouble makers, and thugs.

Old 04-18-2021, 07:08 AM

6,556 posts, read 7,136,101 times
I think staying downtown St Paul would be fine. I found Hyatt Place on Kellogg as a nicer hotel for a decent rate about 3 years ago. As long as the encampment a block away has been cleared out as another mentioned. The St Paul hotel also, as it’s the top hotel in the state and all the teams the Wild play stay there, so it’ll be secure. There’s a bunch of hotels near me in Roseville on 35W as another option.

Watch LivePD on YouTube or Facebook to get a live perspective of downtown St Paul and Ramsey County as the top cop films himself often.

Old 04-18-2021, 08:33 AM

1,296 posts, read 1,064,231 times
That's what happens when you "shoot them in the leg instead."

Quote:
Originally Posted by demtion35 View Post
A few years ago, you may recall, a Minnesota hunter was attacked by a black bear, the hunter while being mauled stabbed the bear many times (about 20 times) with a hunting knife, killing it, however the bear was first wounded with an arrow, nevertheless, still had the power to attack and do severe damage.

Old 04-19-2021, 10:59 AM

2,947 posts, read 5,191,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan View Post
I would avoid staying at the hotels in downtown St Paul and downtown Minneapolis. Those places get worse after dark when the thugs and trouble makers wake up and hit the streets. I'd stay in Woodbury, an eastern suburban area, not in downtown St Paul. You could pick other suburban area hotels too, but avoid the Brooklyn Center area of the twin cities. That's where you might run into trouble with the rioters, trouble makers, and thugs.
The Red Sox last week intentionally, I think, stayed in a suburb, not downtown when playing the Twins.

How sad for Minneapolis, as perhaps many or all teams in all sports will do this from now on, forever.

Old 04-19-2021, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonguy1960 View Post
The Red Sox last week intentionally, I think, stayed in a suburb, not downtown when playing the Twins.

How sad for Minneapolis, as perhaps many or all teams in all sports will do this from now on, forever.
They probably stayed in the west end as it’s not far from Target Field, but it’s not in Minneapolis. I wonder if hockey teams are staying outside of St Paul? I know NHL players are not allowed to leave their rooms once in the hotel.

Old 04-19-2021, 04:10 PM

1,174 posts, read 550,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
They probably stayed in the west end as it’s not far from Target Field, but it’s not in Minneapolis. I wonder if hockey teams are staying outside of St Paul? I know NHL players are not allowed to leave their rooms once in the hotel.
Bos Sox stayed in Edina. I Don’t blame them, I wouldn’t stay anywhere close to Minneapolis either.

Old 04-23-2021, 06:41 PM

370 posts, read 903,367 times
It's fascinating to see the strange path this thread took to come full circle.

Old 04-24-2021, 09:05 AM

Where did you end up staying?

Old 04-24-2021, 12:09 PM

298 posts, read 751,077 times
NHL teams in town to play the MN Wild have not been staying in downtown St. Paul this 2020-2021 hockey season. All visiting clubs are staying at the Omni Viking Lakes Hotel in Eagan, and will likely continue to do so for future NHL seasons.

In past NHL seasons, most hockey team would stay at the historic St. Paul Hotel, since it's right across Rice Park from the Xcel Energy Center; a few teams would stay at the Intercontinental Riverfront hotel on Wabasha and Kellogg.

An earlier poster pointed-out, the Boston Red Sox were staying in Edina last week for their series against the Twins at Target Field, as have other baseball teams. Some visiting clubs have also been staying in St. Louis Park, near the West End.

When baseball start-up again last August, sportscaster Mike Max on WCCO-TV CBS-4 and WCCO-AM 830, reported a number of times on the MLB Umpires Union not wanting to stay downtown and their umpires demanding to stay in a suburban location. I would assume the umpiring crews are still staying at hotels in the suburbs for this 2021 baseball season as well.

Visiting teams, along with referee/umpire crews, in the past, have always stayed downtown since the Vikings and Twins moved to downtown Minneapolis from East Bloomington in 1982.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul