U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-19-2008, 08:43 PM

8 posts, read 37,191 times
Default Clean hotel with weekly rates.

I'm transfering to a target store on Lake street. Shortly I will be in the process of finding an apartment. Are there any motel/hotels with a good weekly rate in the area that are clean and safe? I'm on a budget so I'm looking at the 200 dollar a week price range. Anywhere around/near lake street would be fine. I am willing to take a bus ride out of the surrounding area if neccessary.Any Recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 09:28 PM

476 posts, read 1,194,525 times
The gopher motel regularly does weekly rates and is fairly economical ... I don't know if its in the $200/week price range, though; for a motel that's really scraping it.

For the apartment, look in the longfellow/nokomis neighborhoods; they're on the light rail (might have to take a bus and transfer to it) and are very safe and quiet. Rents are very affordable because the airport keeps the neighborhood from gentrification, and there's not enough nightlife to draw any kind of a bad crowd - a sleepy residential area. Anything east of Hiawatha practically puts you into the "land that crime forgot".

Old 05-18-2009, 07:12 AM

1 posts, read 11,246 times
I live in Greenbelt, Maryland and I am looking for a weekly rate Hotels around with reasonable prices. Thank you

Old 05-18-2009, 07:44 AM

4,931 posts, read 8,366,410 times
I don't know about weekly hotel rates in the area. You're best bet is to google hotels/motels near and around E Lake St. and call around. I live just on the east side of Hiawatha and south of Lake St. and it isn't bad here. I wouldn't rule this area out. It is a little bit quieter and better kept in Longfellow but other than that the two areas are very comparable. When buying my house I looked at houses in Longfellow and Nokomis and ultimately chose a house in Powderhorn because it is cheaper there and I found the location more convenient and walkable. A big selling point to living on the east side of Hiawatha is that the light rail stations are on that side of the street. If you want to take advantage of the light rail to get downtown, to the airport, to the Mall of America, to bus transfer to other areas, etc. then look on the east side of Hiawatha because crossing that street is a huge pain in the arse. There are 2-4 lanes of traffic each way and cars will go up to 50-60 mph. It surprises me that more people aren't hit by cars when crossing there.

We use that Target pharmacy and shop there occasionally. It looks good after the rennovation. Anyways, good luck and welcome to South Minneapolis!

Last edited by Cruz Azul Guy; 05-18-2009 at 07:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul