Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 04:19 PM

1,935 posts, read 5,831,524 times

Advertisements

I'd say it's very friendly - in fact, the Twin Cities' favorite meteorologist is openly gay. In my neighborhood, there are tons of GLBT oriented signs, window stickers, etc. in houses, yards, and cars, and there are a number of very active community members, leaders, business owners, etc. here that are openly gay.

Also on this side of town, the GLBT Northsiders/ Camden Gay Neighbors League are sponsoring the Get to NOMI (http://glbtnorthsiders.blogspot.com/ - broken link) homebuyers tours right now that you might want to check out if you do decide to take the plunge and move here. Good luck with your decision-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 09:23 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,125,579 times
I agree with the rest of the posts. MSP is quite gay-friendly, at least in the central cities. Even in the quite conservative areas toward St. Cloud or Rochester I think gays & lesbians are tolerated (which opens a whole can of worms for me since I don't agree that "tolerance" = "acceptance" but what the hey...)

There more than 200 GLBT organizations in the Twin Cities. Go to OutFront Minnesota (OutFront Minnesota - Our Gay, Lesbian, Bi, & Trans Community Center On The Web) to see a list of organizations and activities you can participate in!

Here's a direct link to the list of organizations:

Community Organizations

You can also find info at the area's premier GLBT media company:

Lavender Magazine - Minnesota’s GLBT Magazine - Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender News - Minneapolis / Saint Paul

There is also a hilarious daily podcast by "the world's first podcasting drag queen" that has been on the air for 3 years now!:

Lucky ***** Radio with Wanda Wisdom (http://www.lavendermagazine.com/wandawisdom/ - broken link)

Last edited by Astron1000; 08-14-2008 at 09:36 PM..

Old 08-14-2008, 09:50 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,664,286 times
There are alot of gay couples in MPLS.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:52 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,664,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camden Northsider View Post
I'd say it's very friendly - in fact, the Twin Cities' favorite meteorologist is openly gay. In my neighborhood, there are tons of GLBT oriented signs, window stickers, etc. in houses, yards, and cars, and there are a number of very active community members, leaders, business owners, etc. here that are openly gay.

Also on this side of town, the GLBT Northsiders/ Camden Gay Neighbors League are sponsoring the Get to NOMI (http://glbtnorthsiders.blogspot.com/ - broken link) homebuyers tours right now that you might want to check out if you do decide to take the plunge and move here. Good luck with your decision-
What metoeroligist are you talking about. Are you talking about the "fox9 fox" Jason Matheson, if so, he is the entertainment reporter.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:31 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
What metoeroligist are you talking about. Are you talking about the "fox9 fox" Jason Matheson, if so, he is the entertainment reporter.
No, it is Sven the Kare11 dude.

Robyne Robinson of Fox9 is a lesbian.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:06 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,125,579 times
Pat Evans is too, also on Kare 11. So there are at least 4 television personalities that are gay/lesbian.

Old 08-15-2008, 08:04 AM

250 posts, read 991,833 times
True we have a nice share of gay TV personalities in this town, for the record, and not that it matters much, but unless she's not out of the closet, Robyne Robinson is not a lesbian. She is actually dating Greek soccer player, Theodoros Pashos, has been for some time.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:10 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Maske View Post
True we have a nice share of gay TV personalities in this town, for the record, and not that it matters much, but unless she's not out of the closet, Robyne Robinson is not a lesbian. She is actually dating Greek soccer player, Theodoros Pashos, has been for some time.
Well, I didn't mean to out her, but I thought that it was common knowledge.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:16 AM

250 posts, read 991,833 times
I'm sure she wouldn't care! She does a lot of work regularly for GLBT functions. She's a cool gal!

Old 08-15-2008, 07:56 PM

1,935 posts, read 5,831,524 times
My bad for taking this thread in a direction that turned it into a gay celebrity gossip column (or guessing game) - I wasn't meaning for that to happen and meant no disrespect, I just thought my point was evidentiary of MSP's gay friendliness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul