Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2007, 01:59 PM

25 posts, read 109,802 times

Advertisements

My husband has accepted a new job at University of St. Thomas, so we're Minnesota bound as of this summer.

I was kind of in turmoil when he first started entertaining the thought of going there. I was hoping for something in a warm climate (Miami actually!) but the more I've seen of the Twin Cities, the more impressed I am.

My husband grew up in White Bear Lake, and his mom still lives there. I've visited several times over the past 5 years and have to say that I really do like MN quite a bit. We are looking at moving to the Calhoun area, or maybe Southwest. We like to be within walking distance of some fun activity, and we both like outdoor activites -- tennis, walking, cycling, etc.

Now I just have to sell my home in Massachusettes! Anyone in the market for a 100-year old, 4200 square foot colonial? 8 bedrooms (for real!), amazing woodwork, lovely verandah, 1/3 acre, next door to the mayor? From what I've seen in MN, this place would cost about $2-million in Minneapolis. We'll be downsizing quite a bit!

Wish us luck!
Connor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2007, 07:16 PM

132 posts, read 576,642 times
Good luck and congratulations! Don't know much about massachusetts (other than having a cousin in Boston and visiting the Cape this past summer to see her) but hope it sells quickly for you.

Old 02-08-2007, 08:02 PM

1,394 posts, read 4,171,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor Heim View Post
My husband has accepted a new job at University of St. Thomas, so we're Minnesota bound as of this summer.

I was kind of in turmoil when he first started entertaining the thought of going there. I was hoping for something in a warm climate (Miami actually!) but the more I've seen of the Twin Cities, the more impressed I am.

My husband grew up in White Bear Lake, and his mom still lives there. I've visited several times over the past 5 years and have to say that I really do like MN quite a bit. We are looking at moving to the Calhoun area, or maybe Southwest. We like to be within walking distance of some fun activity, and we both like outdoor activites -- tennis, walking, cycling, etc.

Now I just have to sell my home in Massachusettes! Anyone in the market for a 100-year old, 4200 square foot colonial? 8 bedrooms (for real!), amazing woodwork, lovely verandah, 1/3 acre, next door to the mayor? From what I've seen in MN, this place would cost about $2-million in Minneapolis. We'll be downsizing quite a bit!

Wish us luck!
Connor
Just wanted to wish you a warm welcome to Minnesota, and a safe trip getting here. I love the sound of your home, so beautiful, and I always dreamed of owning a place like that. Maybe when I get to heaven lol. If you can handle the cold here, the state is beautiful, so just bundle up. Take care and good luck selling my dream home!!!!

Old 02-08-2007, 09:37 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,720,066 times
One thing you will hear a lot of your first few weeks in Minnesota is: Welcome to Minnesota!! Since your husband is from here at least you will have a frame of reference, and family. Congrats on the job and the move! Cross country moves can be stressful, but lots of fun too. Enjoy the time and make some wonderful memories!! And again, welcome to Minnesota!

Old 02-11-2007, 08:24 AM

Location: Lakeville, MN - 4th nicest place in the nation to raise a family
285 posts, read 1,178,790 times
Congratulations and welcome!

Robert
Robert@RobertPStewart.com

Old 02-11-2007, 10:59 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,373,570 times
Wow, with your kind of money I'd easily throw down for a house off of Lake of the Isles in Minneapolis. It's an amazing area.

Old 02-12-2007, 12:33 PM

21 posts, read 128,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
Wow, with your kind of money I'd easily throw down for a house off of Lake of the Isles in Minneapolis. It's an amazing area.
No doubt, get a nice chunk of shoreline, there are many, many to choose from lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul