Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2007, 08:31 PM

1 posts, read 2,550 times

Advertisements

I am considerng a move to MSP for work. The company is known to sweeten the deal with perks - if you ask for them. Problem is, other than financial incentives, relo, etc. I don't know what to ask for.

So, if someone else were paying for it, what would you ask for? What is the best MSP has to offer in:

Health Clubs
Country Clubs
Golf/Social Clubs - not really my scene, but interested in knowing
Spas
Other "luxuries"
Anything else you could think of that would help me integrate into Minnesota

I will be living in the Calhoun/Lakes or Edina area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2007, 09:28 PM

Location: Lakeville, MN - 4th nicest place in the nation to raise a family
285 posts, read 1,176,493 times
Perks - let's see.

For health clubs - there's always Lifetime Fitness - but the exclusive Calhoun Beach Club has a 80K sqft athletic center - and is where are the beautiful rich people workout.

Country clubs - we have our share. They're everywhere. And for every budget. I'm a member of a few, let me know what you're looking for and I'll hook you up. Do you think your job would pay $150K for your membership to Spring Hill?

Spas? No idea. My idea of a facial is sweating over a steaming bowl of pho soup at Quang Restaurant in Minneapolis. And anyone who has met me will tell you that I don't get facials. My face looks like a boot.

Hope this helps!

Robert

Old 02-17-2007, 05:03 PM

14,229 posts, read 29,972,883 times
Perks......... Winter vacations to warm places!

When you negotiate money, you need a substantial boost! Call it combat pay.

Old 02-18-2007, 02:11 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,325,479 times
That whole country club thing, I still don't get it. Somebody please explain to me what the point of joining a country club is.

Old 02-20-2007, 07:42 AM

201 posts, read 904,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
That whole country club thing, I still don't get it. Somebody please explain to me what the point of joining a country club is.

Rubbing elbows with the rich, famous and powerful.

Old 02-20-2007, 06:13 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,189,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
To golf?? We belong to a country club (well in our old town, still searching for one here) because it cost us less to join then to pay green fees all summer.

As for perks, the golf club would be the first one I would pick but if you don't golf that isn't really that much of a perk. If there isn't anything you really want ask for more money. If you aren't going to use a perk it isn't much of a perk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul