Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2008, 11:49 PM

5 posts, read 15,091 times

Advertisements

We moved to White Bear lake recently, and I'm looking for an affordable preschool. I prefer Christian, but obviously, its August, and I'm open to seeing all the options. Can anyone help me out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 10:58 AM

82 posts, read 365,151 times
I moved to WBL 4 years ago from duluth and was astounded at the price difference between the two. In Duluth, my two youngest went to the best pre-school in the city and it was no problem paying for it. When we moved, I needed full time for my daughter and mornings for my son, who was in kindergarten. I checked out many places(none of them christian)and could not afford them. It would have been twice what I paid in Duluth for two kids full time. I put my daughter in a wonderful home daycare and my son in a before school program and was very happy with the decision. My daughter is now almost 6 and she is very smart and does well in school. I have no issues with home daycare as long as they are getting the proper care, it is a good mix of children and the provider does a good job. Sorry I don't have anything to offer, but if care is a necessity because you work, home care is an option, if she will be going a few days a week but you are an at home mom, the huge ammount I was quoted to pay at the centers may not be as much of an issue.

Old 08-18-2008, 12:12 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,282,830 times
Look into the ECFE program (Early Childhood Family Education). It is run through the school district and they have very affordable preschool programs. They won't be Christian based though.

Old 08-19-2008, 03:45 AM

ECFE is ridiculously priced here. I paid a fraction of what they charge here in Willmar area. So far, I'm looking into home schooling until I find a job. The only thing we're having trouble with is getting him to practice writing some letters (he's 4 1/2). He's just not interested, and its been a battle. He was learning them fine with his last daycare who did preschool, but since she's not mom....you know how kids are.

Old 08-19-2008, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00f5 View Post
ECFE is ridiculously priced here. I paid a fraction of what they charge here in Willmar area. So far, I'm looking into home schooling until I find a job. The only thing we're having trouble with is getting him to practice writing some letters (he's 4 1/2). He's just not interested, and its been a battle. He was learning them fine with his last daycare who did preschool, but since she's not mom....you know how kids are.
Get used to it, everything costs more here then it does in Willmar. If you compare the pre-school costs though, it is less expensive then going to a private preschool.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:53 AM

$40 verses $300..for the same ecfe program, I'm not talking a slight adjustment here.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:24 AM
wmk

4 posts, read 28,166 times
A little off topic...but I also just moved to WBL. Are the ECFE classes a good idea? Or not worth the cost? I have a 2 1/2 year old who would benefit from being around other kids once his older brother starts school.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmk View Post
A little off topic...but I also just moved to WBL. Are the ECFE classes a good idea? Or not worth the cost? I have a 2 1/2 year old who would benefit from being around other kids once his older brother starts school.
ECFE is a WONDERFUL program and a great way to get to know families with kids of similar ages. I HIGHLY recommend them. We did them with our kids when they were preschoolers and we all enjoyed them!

Old 10-29-2008, 10:08 AM

I just recently heard there are homeschooling moms that get together for just that reason. Start asking around..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul