U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 03:21 PM

59 posts, read 185,333 times
Default Good Places for Young Gay Singles?

Hey- I'm 22, gay, and single, living in Eagan. I know of the not so classy venues that exist downtown where much of the gay crowd hangs out, but is there maybe somewhere else I could go to meet someone that wouldn't be... Just for sex? Its hard enough being gay, let alone trying to meet someone who you feel has good morals. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2009, 12:49 AM

37 posts, read 97,179 times
Gay 90s? I've never been there so I don't know if that's what you consider "not so classy".

Old 02-08-2009, 08:30 AM

404 posts, read 622,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew T. View Post
Hey- I'm 22, gay, and single, living in Eagan. I know of the not so classy venues that exist downtown where much of the gay crowd hangs out, but is there maybe somewhere else I could go to meet someone that wouldn't be... Just for sex? Its hard enough being gay, let alone trying to meet someone who you feel has good morals. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions. Thanks.
Well you probably won't find much if any gay culture in Eagan. If you like going to bars, pick up a free copy of Lavender magazine. It has all of the Metro bar listings in it. Other options are internet dating sites etc. Perhaps if you are into spirituality etc, you may want to attend All Gods Children church on Park & 31st in S. Minneapolis. Gay centered church.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miley Cyrus View Post
Gay 90s? I've never been there so I don't know if that's what you consider "not so classy".
That would definitely be one of the NOT so classy places. Haha.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalife View Post
Well you probably won't find much if any gay culture in Eagan. If you like going to bars, pick up a free copy of Lavender magazine. It has all of the Metro bar listings in it. Other options are internet dating sites etc. Perhaps if you are into spirituality etc, you may want to attend All Gods Children church on Park & 31st in S. Minneapolis. Gay centered church.
Hmm, why is that? Is it just its bedroom-community, typical suburban nature that makes it that way? (eagan, that is)

Old 02-08-2009, 11:58 PM

21 posts, read 52,231 times
Eagan, as in many suburban communities, there are no "gay" hangouts, in Minnesota it all centers around the Twin Cities areas. I have lived here for 30 years and find it very hard to be accepted by other gay men, since I dont want to get "lucky," I only want to make friends and eventually find that someone. I am picky, but I am not easy either. I live just south of you in Rosemount, the bars and some social clubs are all that I can think of. I also do attend the MCC church once in awhile, but I dont look for men there, I go there for the other reason....hmmm...what was that other reason...oh yeah...to pray. Good Luck to ya!!

Old 02-09-2009, 06:43 AM

Rosemount is south of here? Hm... I didn't know that. Learn something new every day. That's probably because I live right off of Cedar and 13, not the eastern side (I'm more of a Minneapolis, not a Saint Paul). Anyway, that's hideous to imagine that there are people seriously looking for guys at a church. Yuck. That's precisely the kind of Jerry Springer type crap that I am trying to avoid (I.e. The clubs downtown). I guess I just figured that there had to be somewhere better to go to meet people. I definately don't go to the suburbs looking for people, because they're probably the same as me - twenty-somethings wondering where to find someone, scared in the suburbs living with their cat hahaha...

Anyway, it sounds like there isn't much luck out there for me unless I want to go to one of the very "unclassy" places... Haha

Old 02-11-2009, 04:20 PM

101 posts, read 148,144 times
hhhhhey sir
have you never tried a woman . What make you feel like you gay? I see you are a looser in that terrible choice because you do not strong enough to deal with that situation.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:53 PM

1,078 posts, read 949,217 times
Ignore the idiots, Andrew T.

I'd suggest you check these resources:

Outfront Minnesota

A list of local GLBT organizations (More than 200 are listed!)

Get involved with groups, such as the Goodtime Softball League, the Northstar Rodeo circuit, the many musical groups, or any of a number of other gay sports teams!

Old 02-15-2009, 01:14 PM

25,848 posts, read 44,069,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoffy View Post
hhhhhey sir
have you never tried a woman . What make you feel like you gay? I see you are a looser in that terrible choice because you do not strong enough to deal with that situation.
How educated are you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul