U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 07-01-2009, 10:33 PM

15 posts, read 38,517 times
Default Twin Cities vs Duluth

For years I have asked this question to myself. I lived in both areas and both offer many things: If a job was not a part of the question where would you live? and what one would you visit? Thanks it would help to know what others think
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 07-01-2009, 10:37 PM

3,736 posts, read 4,295,137 times
Simple, Duluth Sucks, Twin Cities rock

Everything from weather, entertainment, recreation, education, intelligence, intellect, cleanliness, etc, is better in the Twin Cities...

Listen to a Duluth Morning Radio show...Its sad. Actually pathetic... Not to mention, the best Target is a Target. Not a Target Greatland, Or a Super, just a Target. The only Target in 100 Miles...

Oh yea, The Paper is pretty entertaining. The main story for the past 2 weeks was a 20 yr old kid who drew a map of a burgalary.. That doesnt even make the papers in the Twin Cities.

If you want culture, life, entertainment, affordability, nice weather, and educated people, go the the Twin Cities.

Unread 07-01-2009, 11:01 PM

1,175 posts, read 2,080,042 times
I wouldn't live in either place for long. Sorry I can't stand the winter. I also don't think Twin Cities is large enough for my taste, not to mention Duluth. If I had to choose to live in either cities though, Twin Cities wins hands down. For example, living here I can go the Institute of Arts every week. It is nice and free. Not to mention so many more retail options. However, if I visit, surely Duluth is the choice. It is close to Lake Superior, which is a big plus. Also several beautiful national and state parks are nearby. There aren't something so compelling to see in the Twin Cities in my opinion. Just another mid-sized city. I know it has some nice theaters and museums, and several lakes, but nothing over the top and truly tourism worthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babrent View Post
For years I have asked this question to myself. I lived in both areas and both offer many things: If a job was not a part of the question where would you live? and what one would you visit? Thanks it would help to know what others think

Last edited by fashionguy; 07-02-2009 at 12:13 AM..

Unread 07-02-2009, 06:49 AM

86 posts, read 275,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knke0204 View Post
Everything from weather, entertainment, recreation, education, intelligence, intellect, cleanliness, etc, is better in the Twin Cities...
Yeah - we have intelligence AND intellect!

Unread 07-02-2009, 07:39 AM

4,916 posts, read 7,781,406 times
Duluth is an excellent place to visit but I don't think I'd want to live there.

Unread 07-02-2009, 08:18 AM

24,044 posts, read 18,826,454 times
The TC area and Duluth are total opposites. Duluth is an industrial city on the Great Lakes, sharing more in common with Milwaukee. TC area has more fortune 500 companies and more white collar compared to Duluth.

Unread 07-04-2009, 02:27 AM

15 posts, read 38,517 times
I just got a new job in Saint Paul so that answered that

Unread 07-06-2009, 08:13 AM

305 posts, read 117,773 times
Duluth is more comparable to Rochester I think. Nothing else within the state really comes close to the Twin Cities. And Duluth is really, really hurting economically right now.

Unread 07-14-2009, 11:57 PM

16 posts, read 28,782 times
From D visited TC a few times last year for a really good time. I haven't been down there for a while. Fab and busy! A lot more things to do. I hate driving down there because I don't know where anything is. The TC has a lot of smug, the weather is hotter, and it is NYC building pretty not nature pretty. TC has a lot more things to do and a way better PT system. I wouldn't mine living down there for awhile though just to see how it is living in a larger metro area.

Unread 07-15-2009, 12:22 PM

24,044 posts, read 18,826,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMathYou View Post
Duluth is more comparable to Rochester I think. Nothing else within the state really comes close to the Twin Cities. And Duluth is really, really hurting economically right now.
How is Duluth comparable to Rochester?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul