U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 12:51 PM

40 posts, read 104,075 times
Lightbulb Best Minneapolis neighborhood to Trick or Treat??

What do you think is the best neighborhood to go trick-or-treating in? Best as in: Best candy, decorations, houses...etc.

I would think Kenwood/Mt.Curve neighborhood would give out some pretty good loot with all the huge mansions and all. Maybe around the Calhoun area also? I have also heard the governors mansion is a pretty good hit.

What do you think? Any good experiences?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 02:05 PM

409 posts, read 734,293 times
I don't think people anywhere very much enjoy trick-or-treaters coming from outside their neighborhood.

Old 10-15-2009, 03:55 PM

There is no rule that you have to trick-or-treat in your own neighborhood. Half the fun is going around to places you've never been and looking at all the cool decorations and getting some sweet candy. It's all in good fun. When I give out candy I don't say,"Hey, you're not from this neighborhood, how dare you." It's fun to have a wide variety of people and fun costumes coming to your door. Why do you think people give out candy? If they didn't want to, they wouldn't.

Old 10-15-2009, 04:03 PM

1 posts, read 6,777 times
i agree with nicholemarie...and as for some good neighborhoods: highland park has been a fun area in past years. my kids got some great candy from around there. i try and bring them to different places every year also. It is great fun to see the different neighborhoods and how some people go all out decorating. just a blast!

Old 10-15-2009, 06:01 PM

20,798 posts, read 31,338,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPerpKazoo View Post
I don't think people anywhere very much enjoy trick-or-treaters coming from outside their neighborhood.
I have heard of people that won't give out candy to people they don't know but for the most part people don't care. At our house the more the merrier--come on over, I love having a lot of trick or treaters!!!

Old 10-15-2009, 08:50 PM

273 posts, read 462,044 times
King's Highway is suppose to be really good. We take our daughter on Theo Wirth Parkway and the candy is pretty good. Pretty much pick a parkway and it'll be good but be prepared for alot of people.

Old 10-15-2009, 09:59 PM

We might have to check out King's Highway...I live right next to Theo Wirth, so maybe we will run through there too. heheh

Old 10-15-2009, 10:08 PM

1,777 posts, read 3,469,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duk123 View Post
King's Highway is suppose to be really good. We take our daughter on Theo Wirth Parkway and the candy is pretty good. Pretty much pick a parkway and it'll be good but be prepared for alot of people.
True- I have a lot of friends that live on Victory Memorial Parkway, and they've mentioned in the past that kids come in droves from surrounding Robbinsdale, Crystal, Brooklyn Center, and other n'hoods- I think people like it because it's just a lot easier- more open space, closer-together houses, and safer from a pedestrian standpoint (people drawn to living on parkways also seem to be the decorator/event types that like drawing attention).

We once went to a wedding reception at the University Club on Summit Ave in St. Paul on Halloween- there must have been thousands of kids/parents lining the streets- although a lot of houses were decked out and it looked like it would have been pretty fun for kids, don't go there if you're not a big fan of traffic/big crowds/ lack of parking space.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:34 PM

Thanks for the heads up guys-good pointers.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:59 AM

4,931 posts, read 8,464,304 times
When I was a kid and started to figure out the whole trick or treat concept I learned to stay away from the neighborhoods with the big houses since they were always twice as far apart from each other. If you trick or treat in denser neighborhoods with small houses on small lots you can get alot more candy in alot less time. Beings as I grew up in the northern suburbs I'd get a ride over to the older communities in Anoka and I'd fill a large pillow case before the night was over, no problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul