Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2010, 09:43 AM

1,465 posts, read 4,574,076 times

Advertisements

Hey all, I'm going to be making the big move from Duluth to Phoenix in a month. I'll be staying the night in the Minneapolis area. I'm just wondering can anyone recommend me an honest auto shop or mechanic that will be able to tell me if my car truly needs and alignment before leaving?

I don't want to "get it done" but nothing was actually done or it wasn't needed. I actually just bought the car brand new a week ago.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 11:30 AM

3,971 posts, read 9,672,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylic View Post
Hey all, I'm going to be making the big move from Duluth to Phoenix in a month. I'll be staying the night in the Minneapolis area. I'm just wondering can anyone recommend me an honest auto shop or mechanic that will be able to tell me if my car truly needs and alignment before leaving?

I don't want to "get it done" but nothing was actually done or it wasn't needed. I actually just bought the car brand new a week ago.

Thanks in advance!

Hmm. Your best bet is a bigger name- Midas or something. they have a few of them in Rogers by the Super Target. If not, Maple Grove is a few miles away.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knke0204 View Post
Hmm. Your best bet is a bigger name- Midas or something. they have a few of them in Rogers by the Super Target. If not, Maple Grove is a few miles away.
Well, I've been to a Midas in Duluth before and they tacked on a bunch of different charges (for fluid fill ups I didn't even ask for) - to an oil change. So My coupon for a $16.99 oil change turned into a $26.99 ordeal. Never again.

Same with Tires Plus. The people there always insulted me. Literally, a guy said "I know more about cars than you so I know what I'm talking about." While it may be true, the tone he said it was not appreciated in the slightest.

The next place I took it to was a local place with a national backing. They're out of business now because of bad management. But my tire blew out so my car got towed there. They replaced my tire but failed to repair what was actually wrong - a broken shock ripping into the tire. So I had to deal with that crap.

That's where I kind of lost any trust in any of these places, so I turned to here so that people can refer me to an honest mechanic or auto shop that'll tell me if my car actually needs an alignment.

I'd be willing to drive to Maple Grove but I'm staying in the Rogers area for the night so the closer the better. Thanks!

Old 03-23-2010, 12:16 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,364,120 times
My family has been using this place for years. They offer very honest service. It is definitely not the cheapest place around, but they've always done a great job for us:

Slims Motor Clinic
14101 7th Ave Nw
Andover, Minnesota 55304
Phone: (763) 421-0092

Old 03-24-2010, 07:35 AM

I'll definitely keep them in mind, but I would prefer some place even closer to Rogers, because most of that day will be spent with family and friends, and I don't want the auto shop process taking too long, and that includes the driving aspect

Old 03-24-2010, 07:53 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,364,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylic View Post
I'll definitely keep them in mind, but I would prefer some place even closer to Rogers, because most of that day will be spent with family and friends, and I don't want the auto shop process taking too long, and that includes the driving aspect
If distance is that important to you than why don't you just find the closest place to you and take your chances? I place priority on quality and honest service over location, but maybe that's just me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul