U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 06:40 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,486,496 times
I love crawfish, but I've never been able to have any in Minnesota. I remember eating at a sushi bar in Eden Prairie and I got to try octopus!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 09:02 PM

5,992 posts, read 6,583,124 times
I think trying to find crawfish in Minnesota is like trying to find lutefisk in Louisiana - an exercise in futility.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:06 PM

383 posts, read 499,916 times
Quote:
I agree that you have to search and know where to go but do consider the average Twin Cities consumer. It's shocking to me what my neighbors consider ethnic food.
You don't "search" for places on University ave, Lake Street or to a lesser extent, Concort ave inasmuch as "stumbling" onto them. The better Mex joints though are on the West Side of STP though, so I disagree. Boca Chica FTW.

Old 04-19-2010, 04:21 PM

35 posts, read 68,705 times
I think the best method will be wait till the water in the lakes warm up a bit...fill a cooler with a good 6-pack (Of a summit variety) go turn over some rocks and find em & boil em. I was at the cabin last year picking up some rocks and was scared as hell when i saw one...first time in a while. In my yahoo searches i found and intersting Star Trib article & video from '08

Crayfish, crawdads, mudbugs? | StarTribune.com

Old 06-05-2010, 09:06 PM

47 posts, read 55,261 times
nothing huh? wish i could have made it to the 2009 crawfish boil - missing them, esp La cajun style

Minneapolis Crawfish Boil 2009

Old 06-05-2010, 09:11 PM

2,031 posts, read 1,197,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwriter View Post
I think trying to find crawfish in Minnesota is like trying to find lutefisk in Louisiana - an exercise in futility.
I've occasionally seen them at Cub Foods in with the fresh fish.

And as another poster said, there's always flipping up rocks in the river. When I was a kid we did this in the Cannon River in downtown Northfield, then sold them to a local bait shop for something like ten or fifteen cents apiece.

Of course, both methods involve preparation!

Old 06-05-2010, 10:06 PM

1,775 posts, read 3,335,697 times
I remember some crawfish boils in South Dakota when I was young. Here in Mpls, try these places:
Restaurant: Welcome to Sea Salt Eatery (believe they have a crawfish po boy offering)
Markets: * | Coastal Seafoods and Lund's & Byerly's I think also carry them.

Old 06-06-2010, 08:18 AM

404 posts, read 622,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeinBoston View Post
I'm saddened to say you've moved to the wrong area for diversity of food. When Chipotle is considered going out for Mexican or LeeAnn Chin for Chinese, you know you are in the Twin Cities.

You are so out of touch with what the Twin Cities has to offer for ethnic food. There are TONS of places here that are authentic with excellent food. Those places are the best! Probably have to venture to the inner parts of Minneapolis / St Paul to find them. Won't find them out in Eden Prairie etc.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:19 AM

1 posts, read 3,135 times
go to floyds in victoria mn....wed evenings!!!yum

Old 08-20-2010, 12:56 AM

15,129 posts, read 14,160,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeinBoston View Post
I'm saddened to say you've moved to the wrong area for diversity of food. When Chipotle is considered going out for Mexican or LeeAnn Chin for Chinese, you know you are in the Twin Cities.
I didnt realize how bland and lacking food diversity we were until I moved away. STill not a bad place...its improving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul