Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 07:57 PM

124 posts, read 236,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptown_urbanist View Post
You can go way down in your budget if you'd like, or else get something pretty luxurious. You could easily get a studio for $700, even $600.

What kind of apartments do you want? Are you thinking big building, old (lots of vintage buildings around), new (brand new or just modern?), do you want or need parking, etc.?

Lots of people have dogs; you'll probably meet some people just through your daily walks. There are vets in the area, dog groomers, pet stores, etc. It's a pretty dog-friendly place.

I thought I would jump in since the OP and I are pretty much in the same situation.

The difference is I wont have any pets so I don't need an apartment complex that accepts them, and I cook ALOT so a nice modern kitchen is a must.

I also prefer a more new and more modern complex.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 05:51 AM

18 posts, read 119,837 times
Well, my family's business is apartment management and they own quite a few in Uptown, generally nothing too fancy, but as far as I'm aware the company has a good rep.

I think that their nicest Uptown space (and one they renovated) is the Calhoun Terrace apartments just off of lake Calhoun. I don't know about the other ones, I just know about Calhoun Terrace because I was considering moving there (you know, possibly getting a family discount and all, haha).

Anyway give that a looksy, while you didn't want anything fancy, it managed to be a relatively run of the mill standard building but with some nice renovated tweaks to it.

The Calhoun , didn't even realize there was a website :P .

P.S. I have little personal gain in hawking a family business, I am just relating the one place I know about personally that isn't on everyones radar. In fact I think that their uptown properties are one of the few areas that they rarely need to worry about renting out from the sound of it.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:40 PM

124 posts, read 236,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk13 View Post
Well, my family's business is apartment management and they own quite a few in Uptown, generally nothing too fancy, but as far as I'm aware the company has a good rep.

I think that their nicest Uptown space (and one they renovated) is the Calhoun Terrace apartments just off of lake Calhoun. I don't know about the other ones, I just know about Calhoun Terrace because I was considering moving there (you know, possibly getting a family discount and all, haha).

Anyway give that a looksy, while you didn't want anything fancy, it managed to be a relatively run of the mill standard building but with some nice renovated tweaks to it.

The Calhoun , didn't even realize there was a website :P .

P.S. I have little personal gain in hawking a family business, I am just relating the one place I know about personally that isn't on everyones radar. In fact I think that their uptown properties are one of the few areas that they rarely need to worry about renting out from the sound of it.

I looked it up and the reviews were a bit discouraging, particularly regarding management...

I will research further though.

Thanks

Old 06-22-2010, 12:25 AM

8,358 posts, read 25,185,611 times
I lived on 35th and Emerson in a nice (but not swank) two-bedroom apartment with two cats (three at one point) and tons of windows. Rent for the apartment was $900 a month. There was also a dedicated storage spot in the basement.

Old 06-22-2010, 04:04 PM

21 posts, read 40,081 times
Haven't found anything yet...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul