U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 07:56 PM

305 posts, read 542,385 times
Default What can someone tell me about Baxter Minnesota?

My company has job openings in Baxter, Brainerd, and few other towns in that area? Anyone have any info to share? Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 03:10 PM

20,804 posts, read 29,215,249 times
Pretty part of the state. A LOT of tourist traffic in the summer. Brainerd is the largest town around there, not all that large though. If you like the woods, lakes, etc. you will love the Brainerd/Baxter area.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:22 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,375,652 times
Brainerd/Baxter aka "The Brainerd Lakes Area" is an excellent place. The area has grown a lot in the past few decades, especially since the turn of the Century. Baxter has become almost 'suburb' like, while Brainerd keeps aging and is similar to a 1960s suburb. I believe Baxter has a population of nearly 6,000 and Brainderd is nearly 12,000. Not to mention that there are many towns throughout the area such as Cross Lake, Pequot Lakes, Nisswa, Breezy Point, Crosby, Ironton, Pillager.... The amount of lakes is astonishing, and the opportunities for outdoor fun are endless.

Old 07-11-2010, 04:57 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,486,496 times
Its a very beautiful town and it has tons of fantastic outdoor activities. The city has grown a lot in the past years though it still isn't all that large. Lots of fantastic lakes as well, its a very, very Minnesotan town.

Old 07-12-2010, 07:37 PM

44 posts, read 39,265 times
Brainerd and Baxter are like two towns in one. If there wasn't a road sign you would not know you left one town and entered another. Brainerd is the older of the two and the more well known, but Baxter has the newest residential developments and stores. They are about 1 1/2 hours from Duluth and St Cloud, two much larger cities for shopping, etc.

Like the other posts here, if you like the outdoors, especially lakes and woods, you've hit the jackpot. Big beautiful natural lakes all over and then there is also the wonderful deep mine-pit lakes too. The winters are cold, of course, but that's when you go ice fishing, anyway.

Politically it is a conservative area, like much of out-state Minnesota.

So what business do you work for? Where are you moving from?

Old 07-12-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDubb View Post
Brainerd and Baxter are like two towns in one. If there wasn't a road sign you would not know you left one town and entered another.
Just like St. Cloud and Waite Park

Old 07-13-2010, 04:32 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,375,652 times
Or St. Michael-Albertville...

Anyway, as long as nobody in here writes 'Brainard' like I've seen a million times.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:37 PM

305 posts, read 542,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDubb View Post
Brainerd and Baxter are like two towns in one. If there wasn't a road sign you would not know you left one town and entered another. Brainerd is the older of the two and the more well known, but Baxter has the newest residential developments and stores. They are about 1 1/2 hours from Duluth and St Cloud, two much larger cities for shopping, etc.

Like the other posts here, if you like the outdoors, especially lakes and woods, you've hit the jackpot. Big beautiful natural lakes all over and then there is also the wonderful deep mine-pit lakes too. The winters are cold, of course, but that's when you go ice fishing, anyway.

Politically it is a conservative area, like much of out-state Minnesota.

So what business do you work for? Where are you moving from?
Actually I would be coming from Bloomington Minnesota and would welcome a smaller town cuz I am tired of the big cities. I work for a huge Non profit mn based social services company and we have group homes in several of those towns up their.

Old 07-16-2010, 07:26 PM

44 posts, read 39,265 times
I bet I know which non-profit you are talking about. You would enjoy the move...no traffic problems to speak of, except Friday nights during the summers with all the people heading north for the weekend.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icequeen2008 View Post
Actually I would be coming from Bloomington Minnesota and would welcome a smaller town cuz I am tired of the big cities. I work for a huge Non profit mn based social services company and we have group homes in several of those towns up their.
Well if your sick of living in Bloomington and love small towns and outdoor activities Brainerd/Baxter would be awesome for you. You should go for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota