Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2011, 09:07 AM

3,971 posts, read 9,628,282 times

Advertisements

A nice 11 degrees as I drove to work this morning. Real great. Crazy to think that there will be outdoor baseball here in about a month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2011, 10:11 AM

1,635 posts, read 2,640,450 times
... and outdoor January football in few years - yeah!

Old 03-05-2011, 10:42 AM

1,083 posts, read 1,186,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knke0204 View Post
A nice 11 degrees as I drove to work this morning. Real great. Crazy to think that there will be outdoor baseball here in about a month.
I remember chasing aroung those bright yellow and orange balls during softball practice- the bright colors were easy to see if they wound up in a stray snowpile!

10 Degrees and sunny here at the moment I've been looking through the pics I took of my garden last summer, just for the sight of green grass!

Old 03-06-2011, 11:24 AM

1,083 posts, read 1,186,177 times
It's frickin snowing.

Old 03-06-2011, 04:59 PM

59 posts, read 104,231 times
Hey, this is what I don't understand, all this complaining about the winters. If you don't like it, why do you continue to stay? I honestly don't complain that much about the winters here. It is what it is. I stay b/c I have a good paying job, and MN is really one of the better paying states in the nation. I wouldn't be able to make this much anywhere else except maybe the coasts, and the coasts would be far higher for cost of living.
So embrace the cold winters. Live with it. Cook something new in your kitchen, do some cross country skiing, go to a movie, host a dinner party! Shop for those after-winter sales that can't be beat! Put together a scrap book. Play the piano. There's always things to do in the winter!

Old 03-06-2011, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashie2005 View Post
Hey, this is what I don't understand, all this complaining about the winters. If you don't like it, why do you continue to stay? I honestly don't complain that much about the winters here. It is what it is. I stay b/c I have a good paying job, and MN is really one of the better paying states in the nation. I wouldn't be able to make this much anywhere else except maybe the coasts, and the coasts would be far higher for cost of living.
So embrace the cold winters. Live with it. Cook something new in your kitchen, do some cross country skiing, go to a movie, host a dinner party! Shop for those after-winter sales that can't be beat! Put together a scrap book. Play the piano. There's always things to do in the winter!

That's not the point of this thread. It's not us complaining it's more of a frustration releasing/weather appreciations thread.

Old 03-07-2011, 12:17 PM

1,395 posts, read 2,644,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tashie2005 View Post
I normally don't mind the winters, but this winter with all the snow and still freezing March is frustrating/depressing especially with the flooding threats looming on the horizon.
Its always this time of the year that is the worst, waiting for the thaw to come, seeing the news about how spring is already blooming in the south; Even though I know spring is just around the corner. But once the thaw finally comes, relief! I love March once things start thawing out. We are off to a late start this year.
It looks like a change is on tap after this week, sure we'll have a few slushy snow storms yet, but atleast it looks like the snow is going to start melting at the same time.
I have to eventually relocate back to Missouri (after being in Minn. for more than 20 years), then I will be complaining about the hot/humid summers for sure.

Old 03-07-2011, 02:01 PM

23,771 posts, read 28,850,314 times
went for a walk in the woods with the dogs this weekend, thought the snow coming down was a nice touch.

Old 03-07-2011, 04:26 PM

1,635 posts, read 2,640,450 times
My cat stepped out onto the porch this morning, frowning as he sat in a pile of new snow. He wasn't impressed ...

Old 03-07-2011, 10:40 PM

It really hasn't been nice since the week of November 6th - Novemeber 11. That week started at 57, got as high as 69 on the 9th, and 68 on the 8th ended at 52. After that the temps dropped down to low 30s and 7 inches of snow on Novemer 13.

Since then it's been non-stop wintery nastiness. The highest temperature since that 69 on November 9th was 45 on November 28 and 52 on February 16th.

There were occasions of 5 inches of snow on December 3rd, 16 inches on December 11th, 4.5 inches on December 20th, 12 inches on February 20th.

There have been 11 days so far where the highest temp didn't even break 10 degrees. There have been 36 days that haven't seen 20. There have been 81 days where the high didn't reach 30! (January only had 2 days above 30 degrees!) 85 days have been at or below freezing!!!

It's been a long, harsh winter. Nothing that I can't handle or didn't expect but it has been tiring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota