U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-10-2011, 11:24 PM

2 posts, read 2,008 times

Advertisements

Anyone familiar with Albany, MN? Interested in moving there with family (elem and jr high age kids).

Nice community to live in? Good schools? I see it makes up its own school district, even though it's a small community. Does this work well?

Where does someone living in Albany do their grocery shopping?
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 05:30 AM

6,745 posts, read 5,496,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH View Post
Anyone familiar with Albany, MN? Interested in moving there with family (elem and jr high age kids).

Nice community to live in? Good schools? I see it makes up its own school district, even though it's a small community. Does this work well?

Where does someone living in Albany do their grocery shopping?
I'm very familiar with Albany and it's a nice community with excellent schools. Their test scores are some of the best in the state. Albany also has very good athletic programs.

Old 05-11-2011, 06:21 AM

20,797 posts, read 32,308,169 times
I agree, Albany is a little gem of a town. There are a lot of college professors/business professionals that live in Albany, which is why the schools are so good. It is a cute town too. There isn't all that much to do right in town, mainly you get together with friends, etc. but it is a quick hop into St. Cloud and also close to St. John's University/College of St. Benedict if you want to go to theater productions, concerts, movies, etc.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:20 PM

2 posts, read 2,008 times
Default Thanks!

These are helpful responses. Thanks very much!

Old 05-16-2011, 10:08 AM

81 posts, read 207,266 times
I'm originally from Albany, it is a great little town for families. Like was stated, not much to do but St Cloud isn't so far and really neither are the Twin Cities. Great school, great athletics. Grew quite a bit in the 00's. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions!

Old 09-26-2013, 02:11 AM

2 posts, read 594 times
Default North lake

Can anyone tell me about the lake in Albany? Is it spring fed or just a pond with rain run off. Good fishing or recreation ? I went to Albany before but it has been awhile. What kind of drive time till St cloud ? Thanks if some of the locals could answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota