Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2007, 10:34 AM

1 posts, read 3,760 times

Advertisements

My Fiancee and I are looking at relocating in Winona,MN. He'll take a manager job at a local retailer. Unfourtantley I'll be looking for a job. The problem I run into is i'm still in school fulfilling my bachlors degree in Business Management. So I havent completed my higher education degree. Currently I work at a Telecomunnication's company as a retail sales rep and may great money. I still would like to work a full-time job with decent pay. Can anyone lead me in a directions as to what Winona or surrounding towns may offer for me? Would you recommend renting our buying for housing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2007, 01:34 PM

638 posts, read 3,114,042 times
Winona is a college town with both St. Mary's University (a private liberal arts college with about 1200 undergrad students) and Winona State University (a public university with about 8000 undergraduates). As such, it has a lot of activities focused on the colleges, and a lot of bars, etc. It's also on the Mississippi River, and has some history there.

My daughter went to college there for 4 years and was able to work at various interesting jobs while there but wasn't concentrating on earning a living while at school.

Other than that; I don't know anything else about the area. Sorry. I hope someone else can add more info for you.

ETA: There is another thread started back on Aug. 10, 06 about Winona that is just a few posts farther down the page here. Maybe that will help you more?

Last edited by JenLee; 08-12-2007 at 01:44 PM.. Reason: more information

Old 08-13-2007, 04:00 PM

5,339 posts, read 14,073,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecea View Post
My Fiancee and I are looking at relocating in Winona,MN. He'll take a manager job at a local retailer. Unfourtantley I'll be looking for a job. The problem I run into is i'm still in school fulfilling my bachlors degree in Business Management. So I havent completed my higher education degree. Currently I work at a Telecomunnication's company as a retail sales rep and may great money. I still would like to work a full-time job with decent pay. Can anyone lead me in a directions as to what Winona or surrounding towns may offer for me? Would you recommend renting our buying for housing?
If you plan on staying in the area, buying is a great option right now. It has turned into buyer's market. It might make sense to try and find a 6 month lease so you could figure out where you would like to buy and to 'hold out' for a good deal. Are you guys 1st time homebuyers? I do a lot of county and state bond program lending for 1st time homebuyers that offer below market 30 year fixed rates and $0 down options. Feel free to pm me for more info.

When you say retail telecommunications are we talking like selling cell phones & service? I am sure they have those types of jobs in Winona. Since Winona is quite a ways out of the metro I don't know if will be "great money", but I am sure you can make a living down there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota