Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2007, 07:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,677 times

Advertisements

Ladies and Gentlemen.

I am needing information concerning the Lake Benton area of Minnesota. I am an Air Turbine technician considering a job transfer from the Bay area (CA) to, well, you guessed it, Lake Benton.

Any input, suggestions, knowledge, or 'Oh! By the way' kind of things would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2007, 06:20 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,118,536 times
Well, it is a pretty area but it is a REALLY small town. There isn't much there but a nice park and a lot of windmills. Pipestone or Brookings SD might be options for commuting to Lake Benton or if you don't mind small town living at least you have access to those towns for shopping (Walmart, etc.). Sioux Falls, SD is the closest bigger town with a mall and pretty much any other shopping needs.

Old 10-21-2007, 08:38 AM

1 posts, read 2,641 times
Default Want to buy a house in Pipestone?

Hi, I saw a house for sale in Pipestone, Minnesota for really inexpensive price. I live in Florida, but would love to live in that house for a couple months out of the year, then eventually retire their. Does anyone have any information of the area, how far it is from available work? how big is the town? Thanks

Old 10-21-2007, 06:57 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,118,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishmsh View Post
Hi, I saw a house for sale in Pipestone, Minnesota for really inexpensive price. I live in Florida, but would love to live in that house for a couple months out of the year, then eventually retire their. Does anyone have any information of the area, how far it is from available work? how big is the town? Thanks
Pipestone is a cute town, fairly small but has some things to offer for day to day shopping, eating out, etc. What kind of work are you looking for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
View detailed profiles of: