Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 06:59 PM

962 posts, read 626,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnow View Post
I don't like it here mainly because this place has sucked the spirit out of me. Nothing to do with the weather - I am used to worse in the Duluth area. It is because no one would hire me. I answered ads, I am a good and loyal worker, BUT I am not from around here and I don't have any relatives from here therefore I am not allowed to work here. This is the first place where I didn't have several jobs offers in a short period of time. And don't even bother calling and visiting as a follow-up - that's when I think you really get blacklisted around here.
I'm pretty sure that it's not even legal to prevent someone from working somewhere just because they aren't a long time resident of a place, that counts as discrimination, just like it's not legal to tell someone they can't work because of their race or gender. I've never heard of that one before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2015, 07:12 PM

23,769 posts, read 28,872,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It is 57 below zero View Post
I'm pretty sure that it's not even legal to prevent someone from working somewhere just because they aren't a long time resident of a place, that counts as discrimination, just like it's not legal to tell someone they can't work because of their race or gender. I've never heard of that one before.
that's probably not a protected class against workplace discrimination

Old 08-15-2015, 12:48 PM

1 posts, read 886 times
My wife and I are coming to visit International Falls in September to do some fishing. Staying at the Thunderbred Lodge. What type of clothes should we bring? What's the temperature like?

Thanks.

Old 08-24-2015, 06:49 PM

962 posts, read 626,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cropchaser View Post
My wife and I are coming to visit International Falls in September to do some fishing. Staying at the Thunderbred Lodge. What type of clothes should we bring? What's the temperature like?

Thanks.
In September, the temperature is usually in the 50s and 60s. Lows can be in the 30s and 40s. I'd say bring a mid-sized jacket, or a coat if it makes you feel more comfortable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota