Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 03:09 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times

Advertisements

The international food giant, General Mills, has publicly declared it opposes a proposed constitutional amendment to ban equal marriage in Minnesota, and has consequently angered anti-equality groups in the state.

CEO Ken Powell affirmed his opposition for the proposed amendment, which the company’s vice president for global diversity and inclusion, Ken Charles, formally endorsed in a letter. “We do not believe the proposed constitutional amendment is in the best interests of our employees or our state economy,” Mr Charles wrote in an e-mail. “We value diversity. We value inclusion.”

read more General Mills opposes ban on equal marriage, angers anti-equality groups - PinkNews.co.uk

Old 06-18-2012, 05:37 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,711,998 times
"Anti-equality groups?" I understand that you want to advocate for your position by coming over from your North Carolina forum and stirring the pot here a little, but it seems to me that the discussion could be framed in a way that was more respectful of your opponents.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:04 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
I support angering anti-equality groups.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:12 AM

833 posts, read 1,714,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenfield View Post
"anti-equality groups?" i understand that you want to advocate for your position by coming over from your north carolina forum and stirring the pot here a little, but it seems to me that the discussion could be framed in a way that was more respectful of your opponents.

bingo !

Old 06-19-2012, 10:55 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,373,570 times
I still can't really understand why this is such a pivotal issue in the year 2012, and yes, I fully understand the religious beliefs of those of Christian faiths. Still, nobody has been able to explain to me why everybody in the state of Minnesota should be lawfully obligated to adhere to said idiotic religious beliefs. In this case I can't blame General Mills for standing up for many of its employees whose rights would potentially be negatively impacted by the ammendment. In fact, I think as a kudos to Mills I'm going to go buy myself a box of Lucky Charms and indulge in the marshmallow goodness!

Old 06-19-2012, 11:25 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
The international food giant, General Mills, has publicly declared it opposes a proposed constitutional amendment to ban equal marriage in Minnesota, and has consequently angered anti-equality groups in the state.
Is there a place we can send them? most of us in MN are pretty.... normal lol. but thanks for sharing and Go General Mills!

Old 06-20-2012, 11:10 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,387,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Still, nobody has been able to explain to me why everybody in the state of Minnesota should be lawfully obligated to adhere to said idiotic religious beliefs.
You aren't going to win anybody over by resorting to name calling. Whether you like it or not 50%+ (actually it's a lot higher than that) still adhere to "idiotic" religious beliefs.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:51 AM

88 posts, read 139,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
I still can't really understand why this is such a pivotal issue in the year 2012, and yes, I fully understand the religious beliefs of those of Christian faiths. Still, nobody has been able to explain to me why everybody in the state of Minnesota should be lawfully obligated to adhere to said idiotic religious beliefs. In this case I can't blame General Mills for standing up for many of its employees whose rights would potentially be negatively impacted by the ammendment. In fact, I think as a kudos to Mills I'm going to go buy myself a box of Lucky Charms and indulge in the marshmallow goodness!
Since when is there a "right" to marriage?

Old 06-20-2012, 11:55 AM

88 posts, read 139,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I support angering anti-equality groups.
So then I assume you are against the progressive income tax? That treats people unequally.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:23 PM

292 posts, read 891,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kooks35 View Post
Since when is there a "right" to marriage?
So let's look at it a different way. Why is it alright for the State of Minnesota to refuse to recognize a legal contract entered into by to consenting adults? That to me is what the whole argument is about. Gay marriage advocates just want the right, privilege and legal recognition that heterosexual couples enjoy.
If your church doesn't want to perform marriages involving same sex couple that is between the church and it's parishioner's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota