Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 04:38 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,386,383 times

Advertisements

Your favorite from top to bottom?

1. Fall
2. Spring
3. Summer
4. Winter

Mind you, I love all the seasons, so when you see them ordered like that it's simply miniscule, but I do think there is something particularly lovely of the cool Fall breeze, the anticipation of the thaw that comes with Spring, Summer I finally get to golf and of course Winter has so many pleasantries about it (fresh snow on the ground; the healthy cool air you get when you breath in and out, hockey season).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 08:57 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,713,606 times
My personal opinion:

Summer - The most fun for me since most all my favorite activities need warm weather to happen. Gardening, long comfortable walks to relax, sitting outside on the deck having dinner and relaxing while reading after, riding my motorcycle, working on the landscapping which to us is a labor of love, keeping our cars nice and clean and shinned up, fresh air in the house from open windows from late spring to early fall, being able to wear shorts and flip flops when outside (hate those bulky winter clothes), low utility bills (we personally don't need AC in northern Minnesota so our utility bills in the summer are 15 or 20 percent of what they are in the winter), connecting with our neighbors since we're outside much of the time...and, oh I could go on forever.

Spring - The anticipation of warmer weather to come. Seeing the snow melt off the roof, lawn and driveway....seeing these things that we haven't seen in months. Flowers and other colorful vegitation coming to life after being dormant for months. Occasionally having a mutant real warm day and being able the first few times to go out without a jacket, hat and gloves.

Fall - A wonderful season of the year......tempered by the every present unpleasant thought that a long dark and cold Winter is to follow. Fall is filled with blue sky days with low humidity which makes it very pleasant. When the leaves turn colors its absolutely beautiful.

Winter - Kind of like going from a color TV back to the old days of black and white. Lots of white on the ground, and lots of shades of grey from trees with no leaves and everything we worked so hard all summer to make nice....covered up with white snow. It can be beautiful when a fresh snow falls and hangs on the tree branches....kind of a Norman Rockwell picture...but the cold always tempers enjoyment of the outdoors. It just seems like there there are more unenjoyable chores to do in the winter to survive. From moping up the slop (wet, snow, salt, sand) in the entryway on a daily basis to having to shovel the walkways, to having to warm up the car and scrape ice off the windshield etc....

Anyway...just my opinion on the seasons !

Old 08-17-2012, 06:54 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,386,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
My personal opinion:

Summer - The most fun for me since most all my favorite activities need warm weather to happen. Gardening, long comfortable walks to relax, sitting outside on the deck having dinner and relaxing while reading after, riding my motorcycle, working on the landscapping which to us is a labor of love, keeping our cars nice and clean and shinned up, fresh air in the house from open windows from late spring to early fall, being able to wear shorts and flip flops when outside (hate those bulky winter clothes), low utility bills (we personally don't need AC in northern Minnesota so our utility bills in the summer are 15 or 20 percent of what they are in the winter), connecting with our neighbors since we're outside much of the time...and, oh I could go on forever.

Spring - The anticipation of warmer weather to come. Seeing the snow melt off the roof, lawn and driveway....seeing these things that we haven't seen in months. Flowers and other colorful vegitation coming to life after being dormant for months. Occasionally having a mutant real warm day and being able the first few times to go out without a jacket, hat and gloves.

Fall - A wonderful season of the year......tempered by the every present unpleasant thought that a long dark and cold Winter is to follow. Fall is filled with blue sky days with low humidity which makes it very pleasant. When the leaves turn colors its absolutely beautiful.

Winter - Kind of like going from a color TV back to the old days of black and white. Lots of white on the ground, and lots of shades of grey from trees with no leaves and everything we worked so hard all summer to make nice....covered up with white snow. It can be beautiful when a fresh snow falls and hangs on the tree branches....kind of a Norman Rockwell picture...but the cold always tempers enjoyment of the outdoors. It just seems like there there are more unenjoyable chores to do in the winter to survive. From moping up the slop (wet, snow, salt, sand) in the entryway on a daily basis to having to shovel the walkways, to having to warm up the car and scrape ice off the windshield etc....

Anyway...just my opinion on the seasons !
I figure this is the order how many here would rank the seasons.

Old 08-17-2012, 09:18 AM

127 posts, read 337,389 times
Fall: The temperature is perfect, the colors are spectacular in late Sept. and early Oct. and the smell of firewood is always warming. But first and foremost is that hunting season is here. I like that the sun isn't out as much and the cool breeze and steel gray sky of late October and November are in my opinion rather beautiful.

Winter: I'm nuts but its a close one w/ Fall. I like the crispness in the air, falling flakes and the clean white of it all. Until it gets old and melty. Ice fishing lets me get to spots that I normally cannot (no, I don't own a boat yet) as well. Plus, campfires are the best in winter.

Spring: A regrowth of sorts. The lack of ice is nice and ice fishing during March when it hits 60º is really great.

Summer: meh...Gets hot and humid. Not a fan. The one redeeming quality of summer is nights when it drops into the 50's at night and thunderstorms. The sun stays out too much and my follicly challenged head gets a little touchy. Oh, the spiders are back as well.

Old 08-18-2012, 12:40 AM

7,639 posts, read 18,121,762 times
1. Summer - The best season, especially 2012. Reliable warm weather, no heating required. Almost always cools off sufficiently in the evening and morning to do outdoor activities.
2. Fall - A tie with the summer for my favorite season. Somewhat unreliable, though, and only good before the leaves fall off the trees.
3. Spring - Blah. Do we even have spring?
4. Winter - The most depressing season. Almost always cold outside. Desert humidity indoors, yet feet always wet.

Old 08-18-2012, 08:23 PM

4,818 posts, read 11,001,275 times
1. Winter
2. Fall
3. Spring
4. Summer

Let me stress I much rather be cold than hot...my heat tolerance is quite low whereas I can stand the cold a lot more. I also like the shorter daylight of winter seasons.... Yes I know I am a bit odd....

Old 08-18-2012, 08:29 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,799,123 times
Fall - cool, not too cold; leaves changing colors, and not winter
Summer- warm, beautiful, outdoor eating, BBQ
Winter - beautiful, cozy,
Spring - muddy, wet, unreliable.

Old 08-18-2012, 09:10 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
I won't want to read this thread, I'll see too many people rate summer last and it will get on my nerves.

Summer, Spring, Fall, Winter, in that order. Summer heads and tails above the other three.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:31 AM

116 posts, read 343,583 times
Fall. Nearly perfect weather, biking, light sweaters, day length still descent,
Summer. swimming, biking, garden, sun bathing
Winter. Beautiful, still, peaceful, snow, eating in restaurants, sleeping under the blankets
Spring. Wet, still cold while you just want it to be warm already, streets gross and dirty, go through lots of windshield wiper fluid

I get mild S.A.D. from about March-mid April. It's a good time to take a vacation to a sunny, very warm place.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:07 AM

5,147 posts, read 7,475,967 times
Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer. Basically it is about humidity and bugs. Fall is nicer than winter, but winter is least buggy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
View detailed profiles of: