U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-14-2012, 10:30 AM

7 posts, read 15,992 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am currently in Rochester and planning to travel to Minneapolis on Friday evening. Since I do not have a car, I was looking for bus options that would take me to downtown Minneapolis.

I did find the Rochester Shuttle Service and Rochester Go Direct. However, both shuttles drop off either at MSP airport or at Mall of America.

To be specific, I have to go to Shoreview, MN. However I am aware there is no direct route from Rochester to Shoreview. So I was wondering if I can get down at downtown Minneapolis and possibly travel from there to Shoreview.

Are there any easier options to travel to Shoreview ?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 11:08 AM

1,038 posts, read 1,141,589 times
Easiest would probably be to just take a cab from wherever the shuttle drops off.

Using google maps busing option for Friday at 5pm, it looks like routes 54 and 62 could get you from MOA to shoreview, but it would take about 2 hours, and depends on where in Shoreview you are going. From downtown Minneapolis, route 261 will get you to shoreview in ~40 minutes. The lightrail would get you from MOA/MSP to downtown in about 35 minutes, I think.

metrotransit.org to look at bus routes and verify times, although I think google maps does a better and easier job of figuring out routes.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:58 AM

1,404 posts, read 1,549,527 times
https://www.jeffersonlines.com/

Another option for getting from Roch to Msp.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:11 PM

254 posts, read 430,156 times
You can take the Greyhound/Jefferson to downtown Minneapolis, but taking the city bus to Shoreview (like with most suburbs) in the evening is going to be tough at best, if not impossible. You might not be able to get anything going back to Minneapolis at all during the weekend. Also, if you have luggage, carrying it to the city bus stop as well as riding with it on the bus might be a hassle.

A cab from downtown to Shoreview will be pretty pricey. I did a search on taxifarefinder.com and it was about $35 without tip.

Can you rent a car? That would probably be your best option.

Old 08-20-2012, 02:00 PM

7 posts, read 15,992 times
Hello all,

Thank you for your replies. I did go to Shoreview and the following itinerary turned out to be the cheapest :

1. Take Rochester Shuttle Service from Rochester and get down either at Mall of Americal/ MSP Airport (Terminal 1 or 2) -- Cost : $25.00 (If you are a Mayo employee, you will get this service for $19.00)

2. From MoA/Terminal 1 or 2 Airport Transit Station , take a Light Rail and get down at 46th Street Station -- Cost of light rail ticket : $1.75

3. Use the light rail ticket above to get into Bus No. 84 from 46th Street Station (gate E) and get down at its last stop i.e at Rosedale Shopping Transit Center, Roseville, MN.

4. I had someone pick me up from Rosedale to Shoreview. However, even if you take a cab from here, it will not cost more than $15. Also, there is a bus option (route No. 227) that goes from Rosedale to Shoreview.

So, at most, your journey will cost around $42.00.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota