Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2013, 08:48 AM

111 posts, read 347,606 times

Advertisements

First and foremost I am not one to scream racist everytime something does not go my way. I just want to tell my story & you be the judge. Last week a friend called me and let me know that section 8 in Albert Lea was open so I called ( FYI I sound VERY "proper" on the phone ) I asked how long the wait list was, the lady was very nice and informed me that a place would be available as soon as May 1st and that I should come fill out an application as soon as possible since it's first come first served. So I thanked her, Got me and my daughter dressed and made the 2 hour drive to Albert Lea. When I walked in the office all eyes we're on me but I did not get greeted. Everybody went back to doing what they we're doing. I stood there for about 5 mins before I spoke up and asked for an application. The lady seemed as if she had an attitude when she handed to me and all she said was I'll need your id and babys birth certificate once you are finished and sat back down. I thought to myself " This cannot be the same woman that sounded so chipper on the phone " but I looked at the name plate on the desk and surely it was. So I finished the application gave her everything . she handed it back then sat back down. That was it. no " have a nice day" or " We'll get back to you" NOTHING. So I just left. A couple days later I decided to call and ask when I should be expecting a call. The same lady answered the phone sounding chipper again but once I gave her my name her whole demeanor changed. she said the wait list is 2 year. I said " but you told me that a place would be available as soon as may! & she replied with " well we still have people from 2010 waiting. I just hung up because I could no longer deal with her attitude. What can I do about this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota