Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2007, 02:42 PM

14 posts, read 44,290 times

Advertisements

Hi, I know I posted this question at the end of my last thread about moving to the Duluth area but I wasn't sure how many more readers would want to read yet another, I'm moving to the area what can you tell bla bla bla thread.
So anyways I wanted to post something separate about the Cirrus factory.
Husband is a pilot and he's going to work for them and transfer up there next year and I wanted to know if there's any buzz on them that anyone has heard.
Thank you so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 06:23 PM

721 posts, read 2,600,266 times
Cirrus is expanding rapidly. They have a production center in Grand Forks, ND where UND Aerospace is also located. They have expanded 3 times in the last couple of years in Duluth and employ over 1,000 people in Duluth. Cirrus is building a $1 million dollar personal jet and recently unveiled a prototype. They have several hundred orders already without anyone even testing "the Jet" as it is called. It is an incredibly innovative company that is now one of Cessna's top competitors outselling them off and on for the last couple of years in single engine piston aircraft. They have a good reputation.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:05 PM

wow thank you!
the personal jets and the prototype is what hubby is actually going to be a part of, the flying and delivering of them. it's good to know that they are good company and hopefully they are helping the economy up there.

Old 11-14-2007, 03:49 PM

21 posts, read 56,074 times
I worked for a Cirrus Service Center in another state. Cirrus builds a fantastic product and their customer service is top notch. I truly believe they are the one's to beat in their market and in the very light jet they are developing.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:21 PM

thank you, this is good to know.
especially since hubby is currently in duluth right now going through the training schpeel and process to bring a plane back this way.

i hear it's in the 20's right now...am i allowed to say that's chilly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota