Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 09:43 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I figured me paying the fine is and being honest with the officer was "owning up to it"
A Witch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 10:11 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,195,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I figured me paying the fine is and being honest with the officer was "owning up to it"
Yes, you were honest with the officer. My concern was that you never said "I won't do that again in the future". Anyways, you are fortunate to get off with just a fine. It is nice to hear that you do not tailgate, swerve or slam your brakes. That is our one area of agreement. It is seldom that I can drive without at least one person tailgating me on a given day and many others probably experience the same thing.

Old 12-03-2013, 11:13 AM

32,944 posts, read 3,927,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
I am not saying they are exactly the same, but crashes do happen on freeways, too. I guess you'll just pay the fines and roll the dice that everything will be fine then. There are no excuses for being 30 mph higher than a posted speed limit. That is a dangerous speed. Anyone saying otherwise is in denial. You just want to continue doing it. Just because something else is more dangerous is no justification. At least we know you will be generously assisting the highway patrol with their revenue collections. It is always different for some people as rules somehow do not apply to them. You prefer rationalizations over taking responsibility.

I did not want to be harsh in the follow up post. However, many of us were hoping you would own up to it and say you were wrong. Your response, however, was unacceptable IMO. Please do not drive that speed on icy winter roads. That is not asking too much. We have a responsibility to other drivers on the road, whether some of us like it or not.
Thank you for a great post.

Old 12-03-2013, 12:53 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,494,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Yes, you were honest with the officer. My concern was that you never said "I won't do that again in the future". Anyways, you are fortunate to get off with just a fine. It is nice to hear that you do not tailgate, swerve or slam your brakes. That is our one area of agreement. It is seldom that I can drive without at least one person tailgating me on a given day and many others probably experience the same thing.
What if i tell you that and i do end up doing it again? than i would be lying.

Old 12-03-2013, 12:56 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Like you owe contrition to finger-wagging strangers on the internet who would almost certainly never have the stones to do it your face.

Old 12-03-2013, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Like you owe contrition to finger-wagging strangers on the internet who would almost certainly never have the stones to do it your face.
We owe common courtesy to other drivers on the road and have a responsibility to drive safely. I would also say it in person if he was a neighbor. There are those of us that learn a lesson from these events and those that do not.

I had a speeding ticket for being 12 mph over the limit on a freeway seven years ago and have not had one since. Traffic school was an option (a full day on a Saturday), but it is still expensive. It did not go on the record. Few of us are perfect, but most of us make an effort to be safe.

I made a decision to always watch my speed from then on. That decision is up to each of us. The fines, increased insurance rates and eventual license suspensions force many excessive speeders to learn the hard way. We can only cross our fingers there is no accident.

Old 12-03-2013, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
Maybe you should tell those of us who think it is hazardous and irresponsible (among other things) to do 85 in a 55 why you think it is alright to go so much over the speed limit and put other people's lives in danger. Rather than being ashamed, you post your wrong doing on a public forum and since you did that, please explain yourself. For those who want to bash me for this post, you would sing a different tune if someone like the OP kills your family on the road because of excessive speed.

SPEED KILLS
Thank you for this great post, too. Especially the last sentence!

Old 08-13-2015, 11:36 AM

1 posts, read 854 times
I got ticket yesterday for going 49 in a 30 and the ticket is $345 😡

Old 08-13-2015, 12:25 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,810,680 times
Just pay it.

Don't be recklessly endangering our lives and clogging up the court system trying to get away with it.

Old 08-13-2015, 12:49 PM

1,218 posts, read 3,469,529 times
not sure if MN has a point system. FIGHT IT if so. if it was just a fine I would just pay and not be hassled by going to court and possibly having to pay additional court costs. but if there are points which raise insurance premiums, then don't "just pay it"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota