Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 04:34 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,143,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movin'East View Post
This has been a fun back-and-forth...but please don't forward to my Mom . If you do, tell her that no matter what was said, and although I still think her (and her generation; thx JenLee) are a bit "centric", she's still "nice" in my book.

Dr. R

You just better hope your mom isn't a member of City-Data . I have to agree, I think your mom's are more upset about you moving away then just not living in MN. Any chance you took German at Harvard? A good friend of ours was a prof in the German dept there up until a couple years ago. I would pick Harvard over the U too, btw. Traffic in Boston is a total nightmare though.

Old 02-17-2008, 01:34 AM

14 posts, read 43,776 times
Do they have central heating and how much per annum would I have to spend to keep warm.
Any quotes from removal companies per hour or mile.
Oh the lights all went out in Mass(spell check) according to the Bee Gees
I have heard of the 3M the Minesota Mining & Manufacturing Company if they are still in business

Old 02-20-2008, 02:15 PM

33 posts, read 40,070 times
I agree with wannabeinboston. I'm not putting Minnesota down, but I find that alot of people in Minnesota are just rude. People ride my ass when driving, people talk like they don't care, people have a snotty remark. I almost feel like I'm back in Chicago or L.A. It's almost like I have to be from Minnesota in order to fit in. So, I guess just start talking with a canadian accent and you're in, eh.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:57 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,220,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The average citizen View Post
Do they have central heating and how much per annum would I have to spend to keep warm.
Any quotes from removal companies per hour or mile.
Oh the lights all went out in Mass(spell check) according to the Bee Gees
I have heard of the 3M the Minesota Mining & Manufacturing Company if they are still in business
WTF are you talking about?

Old 02-20-2008, 03:56 PM

93 posts, read 366,573 times
I can agree that a lot of cities (NY, Boston, Chicago, LA) have a -centricism to them, but there's good reason for it, those are great cities in this country, there's a lot to be proud about. The difference between those and MN is that MN doesn't have a basis for bragging, there's no competition, not even the same ballpark, not even the same ballgame.

Old 02-20-2008, 06:54 PM

638 posts, read 3,117,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngurbanprofessional View Post
I can agree that a lot of cities (NY, Boston, Chicago, LA) have a -centricism to them, but there's good reason for it, those are great cities in this country, there's a lot to be proud about. The difference between those and MN is that MN doesn't have a basis for bragging, there's no competition, not even the same ballpark, not even the same ballgame.

That is your opinion at this point of your life. Others, including myself, disagree. I'm sorry your experiences here were so bad; but I'm glad you have found somewhere more to your liking. How about posting all of the positives of your current home over on their forums?

I just noticed that the majority of your posts here on City-Data.com are here on the MN forums. I'm not trying to pick on you or anything; I'm just saying that you should use your energies to boost the city of Chicago instead of ripping MN apart all of the time. I can understand one or two negative posts from you on this thread; but 5 negative posts on this thread in 8 days?

In fact, of the 49 posts you have entered here on City-Data.com since you joined on 1/22/08; more than 22 of your posts have been on the MN and the Mpls-St. Paul forums *dissing" MN in the first 2 lines alone. I'm not working right now (recovering from an illness), so I was just bored enough to look that up; so don't worry that I'm stalking you or anything. I've just seen so many negative posts by you about MN on these 2 forums that I got curious.

Now, go out and have a good day!

Old 02-21-2008, 09:00 AM

865 posts, read 2,494,953 times
Very well said JenLee!

Old 02-21-2008, 09:02 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,143,404 times
This thread has lived it's life, just like the many others on this same topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota