U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-16-2014, 11:19 AM
 
168 posts, read 157,466 times
Reputation: 287

Advertisements

isn't that already the problem in arab countries? a hundred million unemployed young males?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-16-2014, 01:32 PM
 
Location: Bel Air, California
20,344 posts, read 20,435,090 times
Reputation: 31588
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
When I'm Queen of the Universe I'll impound all males between the ages of 13 and 33 on one continent (they can have Australia). There they can kill one another in various exciting ways to their hearts' content. After their testosterone levels have started to subside we'll let them back in to play nicely with the rest of us.

We'll also send the older males who tell the young ones WHO to kill.

And then everyone else in the Universe can have a peaceful life.

Doesn't really matter what country, what culture, what religion - it's that silly old testosterone that causes all the problems.

(Note: I'm unlikely ever to become Queen of the Universe)
it's generally because the women made us grumpy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2014, 02:03 PM
 
44,592 posts, read 43,126,107 times
Reputation: 14389
One thing to consider. Keeping Somalis out won't stop American-born persons from embracing radical Islam. The first person to die for ISIS? African-American born in Chicago, raised in Minnesota, and had residence in San Diego,CA when he sided with ISIS. This was no refugee. This was a man whose family roots stretched all the way back to the days of slavery in the USA.

The "Al-Rukhns", a street gang in Chicago, was trying to collaborate with Ghaddafi in the 1980s to have government buildings bombed. It was thwarted, but this shows you there are those who are Americans who would embrace radical Islam and plot against the USA. Those "Al-Rukhns" were not refugees from Somalia. These were Americans from the ghettoes of Chicago, who started the Black P-Stones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2014, 06:42 AM
 
Location: Minnysoda
8,016 posts, read 8,085,003 times
Reputation: 4730
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
One thing to consider. Keeping Somalis out won't stop American-born persons from embracing radical Islam. The first person to die for ISIS? African-American born in Chicago, raised in Minnesota, and had residence in San Diego,CA when he sided with ISIS. This was no refugee. This was a man whose family roots stretched all the way back to the days of slavery in the USA.

The "Al-Rukhns", a street gang in Chicago, was trying to collaborate with Ghaddafi in the 1980s to have government buildings bombed. It was thwarted, but this shows you there are those who are Americans who would embrace radical Islam and plot against the USA. Those "Al-Rukhns" were not refugees from Somalia. These were Americans from the ghettoes of Chicago, who started the Black P-Stones.
Hence the great concern regarding the radicalization of Islam. It seems to make it easy for the followers of Mohammed (regardless of race or nationality) to be easily persuaded to commit evil! Are there supposed "Christian" terrorist? Yes but I submit they are few and far between. We need to on guard for any and all of those that would use Religion as a basis for the death of others.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2014, 09:15 AM
 
1,485 posts, read 1,904,381 times
Reputation: 1463
I would enjoy helping u pack....minnesota sure is liberal, imo...wow.

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 10-17-2014 at 09:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2014, 10:53 AM
 
168 posts, read 157,466 times
Reputation: 287
Minnesota also has a lot of leftover racists and morons.
Unfortunately our wonderful school system can't help some people. "You can't teach stupid" as they say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2014, 11:28 AM
 
44,592 posts, read 43,126,107 times
Reputation: 14389
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Hence the great concern regarding the radicalization of Islam. It seems to make it easy for the followers of Mohammed (regardless of race or nationality) to be easily persuaded to commit evil! Are there supposed "Christian" terrorist? Yes but I submit they are few and far between. We need to on guard for any and all of those that would use Religion as a basis for the death of others.....
Radicalism is the big issue. And one place this could really take root is in the prisons. Some of the Black P-Stones got into "Islam" (it's really "Hislam"), through prison.

I would also say we need to be aware of anyone who would be willing to commit suicide over religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2014, 11:29 AM
 
44,592 posts, read 43,126,107 times
Reputation: 14389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubsworth View Post
Minnesota also has a lot of leftover racists and morons.
Unfortunately our wonderful school system can't help some people. "You can't teach stupid" as they say.
That's all over the USA. It's everywhere, and some of those leftover racists pass it on to the next generations. For me, a racist is as threatening to me as a radical terrorist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2014, 12:06 PM
 
Location: Minnesota
127 posts, read 268,425 times
Reputation: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
When I'm Queen of the Universe I'll impound all males between the ages of 13 and 33 on one continent (they can have Australia). There they can kill one another in various exciting ways to their hearts' content. After their testosterone levels have started to subside we'll let them back in to play nicely with the rest of us.

We'll also send the older males who tell the young ones WHO to kill.

And then everyone else in the Universe can have a peaceful life.

Doesn't really matter what country, what culture, what religion - it's that silly old testosterone that causes all the problems.

(Note: I'm unlikely ever to become Queen of the Universe)
So you'll be on this island because you just sent someone off to kill or be killed right? Otherwise it would be hypocrisy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2014, 12:21 PM
 
168 posts, read 157,466 times
Reputation: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
That's all over the USA. It's everywhere, and some of those leftover racists pass it on to the next generations. For me, a racist is as threatening to me as a radical terrorist.
I do not find contemporary racists threatening. The USA has a pretty ugly history with racism, where everyday folk just went out and lynched people, not very long ago. Compared to the past, racists are marginalized and neutered these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top