U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 12:35 PM

171 posts, read 145,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrider434 View Post
I would enjoy helping u pack....minnesota sure is liberal, imo...wow.
No, it's not. Vermont is liberal. Minnesota is mostly moderate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2014, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubsworth View Post
I do not find contemporary racists threatening. The USA has a pretty ugly history with racism, where everyday folk just went out and lynched people, not very long ago. Compared to the past, racists are marginalized and neutered these days.
That's why racists generally use code words these days instead of being completely obvious about their hatred. Look around this forum and you'll see what I'm talking about.

They can't say the 'n' word in public anymore so they say things like "thug" instead. Can't say "lazy n******," so they say things like "welfare queens," "food stamp President," and warn of "reparations." Anything that hints that black people are all about government "handouts."

Mexicans? Immigrants? Nah, they're "illegals." Check out the immigration forum for other examples.

Notice how so many people ask about "crime?" This is often code for "which areas have black and brown people that I should avoid."

Look, I'm not some ultra PC "*******." I am just ashamed at some of my fellow humans. I'd like to think we're better than this, but unfortunately it's only gotten worse ever since the black guy became President. Just look at the fear-mongering going on with Ebola in the news. More Americans will die of the flu this year, but because Ebola sounds scary, and it's from (gasp) Africa, the media and the far right will freak the f.... out. It's for ratings, page clicks, power, and money. Ignorance and fear sells.

Old 10-17-2014, 02:09 PM

168 posts, read 157,492 times
That's what I mean though. Racists just talk a lot of hot air on Fox News or the internet. Nobody's out lynching people. There used to be a time when black Americans were more afraid of white Americans than vice versa. I gurantee the racists on this forum are legitimate losers, either actual trailer park welfare people or just about there. Just read some of their other posts. That's the racist demographic these days.

Old 10-17-2014, 06:42 PM

44,611 posts, read 43,144,135 times
Quote:
I do not find contemporary racists threatening. The USA has a pretty ugly history with racism, where everyday folk just went out and lynched people, not very long ago. Compared to the past, racists are marginalized and neutered these days.
Racist persons who get into positions of power are the ones I would be afraid of. It isn't only about name calling, although it starts there.

Old 10-17-2014, 06:44 PM

Quote:
That's what I mean though. Racists just talk a lot of hot air on Fox News or the internet. Nobody's out lynching people. There used to be a time when black Americans were more afraid of white Americans than vice versa. I gurantee the racists on this forum are legitimate losers, either actual trailer park welfare people or just about there. Just read some of their other posts. That's the racist demographic these days.
Those racists who spout off at the mouth, that is literally all they can do within legal means. Those particular types are the losers you are speaking of. What would scare me is if those types got into any position of power, such as hiring or running the government.

Old 10-17-2014, 06:47 PM

What kind of person would be so easily persuaded to join the likes of ISIS?

Old 10-17-2014, 07:09 PM

1,485 posts, read 1,904,938 times
Yea.....imo, we all know that only caucasians can be moronic rascists....oh the white guilt, imo......and, i been to minnesota, and its liberal...imo, as liberal a state as they come, in my opinion. I would even go as far as saying that some folks within many minority groups are ten times more rascist then caucasians. Yea i know, thats not very politically correct enough for liberals on CD, just my opinion and view. So how about we remember how folks from all races can be equally bigoted toward one another,....in the real world, imo.

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 10-17-2014 at 07:29 PM..

Old 10-17-2014, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Yea.....imo, we all know that only caucasians can be moronic rascists....oh the white guilt, imo......and, i been to minnesota, and its liberal...imo, as liberal a state as they come, in my opinion.
Since when did anyone say only Whites can be like that? And what does this have to do with this thread?

Old 10-17-2014, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Yea.....imo, we all know that only caucasians can be moronic rascists....oh the white guilt, imo......and, i been to minnesota, and its liberal...imo, as liberal a state as they come, in my opinion. I would even go as far as saying that some african americans and some latinos are ten times more rascist then caucasians. Yea i know, thats not very politically correct enough for liberals on CD, just my opinion and view. So how about we remember how folks from all races can be equally bigoted toward one another,....in the real world, imo.
Minnesota can be as liberal in your opinion, but it's not based on the facts. Can't buy liquor on Sundays. The weakest medicinal marijuana law in the country. These are only a couple of examples.

I think you are confusing Democrats with liberalism. Mainstream Democrats are very much moderate. As is the state of Minnesota as a whole.

Old 10-17-2014, 08:10 PM

1,485 posts, read 1,904,938 times
Winters too cold and too long ,anyway, ...and too flat,..for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota