Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2014, 10:03 AM

46 posts, read 157,657 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to figure what town to move to in Minnesota. My son is 10 years old and nonverbal with medium autism. I want him in an all autism school. My husband passed away November 2013 so our budget has decreased. I know Minnesota isn't a voucher state like Wisconsin. I'm also looking at Wisconsin. I really need him in a school so I can work. I live in Northwest Arkansas and had to pull him out of two different schools because the way they were treating the children. A lot is going on in this state to do with restrainment and mistreatment. People are pouring out of here. I would go back to Dallas, but there isn't much there. I would love to go to California, where the services are good, but really can't afford California. I have family there.
It looks like Minnesota or Wisconsin. Can someone point out an all autism school. I'm willing to start out checking out "any school" someone points out and the town, no matter how big, small, or poor; I'll go there for a good education for my son. Any idea's or does anyone know of anything? Please, Please, Please.

I'm getting a degree and want to work at another school, other than my sons. I'll be working with children with autism. One more good person out there, because I do have a heart for children like my little boy-and I will be "watching" for the good in the school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 12:43 AM

4,096 posts, read 6,215,215 times
Don't know for sure but I've heard good things about Blaine schools working with differently abled children. You might want to give them a call to speak with them about it, at least they would know of a school for you if they didn't work with autism.
Anoka-Hennepin Dist. 11 (763) 506-1000
11299 Hanson Blvd NW / Coon Rapids, MN 55433
Good luck.

Old 09-03-2014, 09:12 AM

1,833 posts, read 3,350,629 times
Do a search in the Minnesota forums for autism. There have been several conversations about autism and schools and you might find some helpful information there. I did not read through all of them, but golfgal does mention that district 196 has a great program.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota