U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 08:29 AM

4,548 posts, read 11,573,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Thanks for the inputs

I don't shop there or any malls for that matter.

I was just wondering if the latest threat would deter anyone?
Go check it out this weekend and see how many people you think it is deterring. The place gets packed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2015, 09:21 PM

323 posts, read 286,211 times
Lone decenter here. My teen is forbidden from going to the mall because of these threats.

I would still go - but I would be more vigilant. And I would do my business and leave - not just troll around for the fun of it.

Old 03-16-2015, 09:47 PM

2,869 posts, read 2,718,873 times
It really truly is a tragedy beyond forgiveness that not only did our government let a group of people into our country (and state) but moreover they invited them in against our will.

It's sad people don't really see what's going on right before their eyes, in their own communities.

Old 03-19-2015, 04:25 PM

5,664 posts, read 2,520,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandsam View Post
Lone decenter here. My teen is forbidden from going to the mall because of these threats.

I would still go - but I would be more vigilant. And I would do my business and leave - not just troll around for the fun of it.
I'm glad you are keeping your daughter save, but how does one be more vigilant?
In the case of a bomb being planted or such.

Old 03-19-2015, 04:26 PM

5,664 posts, read 2,520,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
It really truly is a tragedy beyond forgiveness that not only did our government let a group of people into our country (and state) but moreover they invited them in against our will.

It's sad people don't really see what's going on right before their eyes, in their own communities.
I whole heartily agree.

Old 03-21-2015, 12:52 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,041,801 times
This thread should be renamed the "Minnesota Xenophobia/Islamophobia Thread". Educate yourselves, people.

Old 03-23-2015, 05:31 PM

11,319 posts, read 21,932,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
That's not why I avoid it. I'm from MN, and I've been to that abominable place enough to know I never have a reason to go back.
I used to live within walking distance, and I'd go back in January just to see green in Camp Snoopy.

Now, it's toooo far away.

Old 03-24-2015, 06:49 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,275,751 times
We go there at least once a week (especially in the winter). This threat has had zero effect on that.

Old 03-24-2015, 07:05 AM

12,999 posts, read 17,169,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifat View Post
This thread should be renamed the "Minnesota Xenophobia/Islamophobia Thread". Educate yourselves, people.
Self-preservation is not a phobia. If there's anybody who's phobic here, it's the reactionary Muslims with their prosophobia.

Old 03-24-2015, 09:56 AM

10,577 posts, read 6,856,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
Self-preservation is not a phobia. If there's anybody who's phobic here, it's the reactionary Muslims with their prosophobia.
The inability to rationally assess threats, and then acting on that irrationality, is typically born of phobias.

Example:
People who won't fly to their destination, instead taking the much more dangerous option of travelling by car.

Then there are people who routinely do things every day that increase their chances of dying. Like going anywhere in a car that is unnecessary. Like eating a steak with a knife and fork, rather than drinking it after blending it into a liquid. The odds of a fatal choking incident are much higher when eating chunks of meat. And yet we eat, instead of drinking, steak. Why? For no reason other than the pleasure. Hey, I get it - I do that, too. And I go hiking alone in the woods, when it would be far safer to installed bullet-proof windows on house, and spend my days sitting on the sofa in body-armor and a football helmet while clutching a baseball bat.

But what I don't do is routinely make all these choices that normal people make every day - to enjoy life and its pleasures rather than make every last decision about reducing conceivable threats in minute increments - and then wet my pants over some lurid fantasy of a terrorist attack.

Are you genuinely oblivious to the fact that choking on chunks of food and automobile accidents and outdoors mishaps killed mo Americans by several orders of magnitude every year? Can you not do very basic math?

I live my life prudently. Wearing a seat belt? That's prudent. Not going to the mall because you're terrified of getting gunned down? That's not prudence - it's just irrational hysteria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or