Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 08:43 AM

5 posts, read 5,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noslrac View Post
Pay it, learn a lesson. Speed limits in work zones are not only for protection of workers. I'm not familiar with thatzone, but sometimes there are sharp curves that can't be negotiated at higher speeds. Obviously, you weren't paying attention, you're lucky you didn't hurt yourself, new spouse, or anybody else.
thank you for your reply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2015, 08:52 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
3:58 AM, no workers present. It's called a speed trap/revenue generator. Let's call a spade a spade.
construction workers sometimes work all through the night, you don't get to race through a work zone in the oft chance that there was no one there, it obviously doesn't work that way, at least in Minnesota thankfully.

Old 09-07-2015, 10:00 AM

179 posts, read 149,673 times
3:58 am, cop might have thought there was potential DWI. As someone who used to work road construction, I fully appreciate enforcement in work zones.

Old 09-07-2015, 10:56 AM

210 posts, read 286,015 times
Pay it and move on with a lesson learned. My last ticket, probably at least 10 years ago, was in a work zone on I-29 through Sioux falls. There was nobody working and didn't look like anybody had. I think they just had the signs and cones up a day earlier than they were actually going to start. I didn't see the sign, probably due to too much conversation going on, and I got nailed. I was doing 67 in a 55 and I think it costs me a little over $100. Fines have gone up a lot since then though. I learned my lesson. Pay attention.

Old 09-08-2015, 09:45 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,532,538 times
Well you've just found out, the hard way, that your Wife will account for all your money (out going) from here on.

I say no sense in fighting it. In a posted construction zone, populated or not, there is zero tolerance for any speeding. No Judge will budge on that point.

Old 09-09-2015, 08:55 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,712,713 times
I've always wondered about work zone speed limits when there are no workers present. I tend to just go whatever the sign says, regardless of time of day/workers.

Guess the only real speed limits that depend on time are school zones.

Old 09-10-2015, 12:00 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,628,754 times
Actually, as far as I'm concerned, I don't even consider school zones to be time-dependent. I follow the school zone limit no matter what time of day it is. Too many kids coming and going for after-school activities, or younger kids going to playgrounds, etc. Better safe than sorry.

Old 09-10-2015, 08:15 AM

Yep, a school zone is another example where a Judge isn't likely to budge in terms of giving a break.

I live next to a school and am shocked at the number of drivers that don't even slow for a stop sign at the intersection right there or are lead foot through the zone in off school hours.

See a construction sign or school zone sign slow it down, there is no excuse that will work to explain away a speeding violation.

Old 09-10-2015, 10:05 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,712,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Yep, a school zone is another example where a Judge isn't likely to budge in terms of giving a break.

I live next to a school and am shocked at the number of drivers that don't even slow for a stop sign at the intersection right there or are lead foot through the zone in off school hours.

See a construction sign or school zone sign slow it down, there is no excuse that will work to explain away a speeding violation.
The thing is that most school zone speed limits have time restrictions. The ones around here are usually from 7am to 8am and from 2:30 to 3:30.

However, there are a few instances where the speed limit lowers right near a school, then returns to normal after the school.

Old 09-10-2015, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
The thing is that most school zone speed limits have time restrictions. The ones around here are usually from 7am to 8am and from 2:30 to 3:30.

However, there are a few instances where the speed limit lowers right near a school, then returns to normal after the school.
Yeah I do realize that but not all have time restrictions on them. Truth is there is activity at the School from sun up to late in the evening. At least it's that way here.

And here, one can allow their kids to walk to the park or schools by themselves without having to worry about having Child Abuse accusations so I think the safety zone of speed restrictions should be enforced around the clock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
View detailed profiles of: