Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2016, 04:31 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times

Advertisements

...is worse than I can ever recall it ever being, and I am in my 30s. I know I'm not alone in believing/feeling this way because even the news guy yesterday morning said it's (paraphrase) "out of control".

I just had to say that here as I am particularly fed up with it this year. Is there any particular reason it's so hellacious this year more than years past?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 06:21 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,258,709 times
I don.t have a short answer to that but a few weeks ago I tried to from Chuck N Dons Pet food store near Lake Calhoun to the warehouse district: simple trip straight up Hennepin Ave..
MDOT has all traffic on Hennepin near the Basilica dumping onto 94. I was then en route to St. Paul!!
I got off somewhere, and snaked back thru downtown only to be depositted onto a one-way street.
A very simple errand was about 1 hour of hassle.
What was your odessey?

Old 06-10-2016, 01:03 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earslikeacat View Post
I don.t have a short answer to that but a few weeks ago I tried to from Chuck N Dons Pet food store near Lake Calhoun to the warehouse district: simple trip straight up Hennepin Ave..
MDOT has all traffic on Hennepin near the Basilica dumping onto 94. I was then en route to St. Paul!!
I got off somewhere, and snaked back thru downtown only to be depositted onto a one-way street.
A very simple errand was about 1 hour of hassle.
What was your odessey?
My odyssey is just everywhere. I'm born, raised and still reside East Side St. Paul and it's just construction everywhere when I want to drive anywhere. In my 30s, I just don't think I've ever seen such a sh-tshow in totality of what we have this year.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:41 AM

210 posts, read 285,951 times
I'm down in the SW corner of the state in Marshall and the drive to Park Rapids is just annoying. I've heard just going to Pipestone requires 2 detours. The 511mn.org site shows the road work but doesn't include county highways and some of them are also being worked on. I found this out coming back from the cities last weekend. I've also never seen it this bad. I think it's due to the cash surplus the state has this year.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:37 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,258,709 times
It truly is all about the budget surplus.
What scare me is word that Route 100 will be closed in both direction sometime this year.
Route 100, 169 and 494 are the only north/south highways in the west suburbs and 169 is only two lanes as it is. It will be traffic-armegeddon if it truly happens.
Downtown is a nightmare, what with all the one ways and road closures.
A great saying is "You just can't get there from here"!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota