Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 08:13 AM

4,314 posts, read 3,994,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenaroundabit View Post
That's your example - really? Some people who were Muslim did something dumb and a tragic event ensued? Whew...it's a good thing no one of non-Muslim heritage has ever done anything like that...

I think we've learned that the activities of one person or a small group are almost never indicative of the attitudes of an entire populace. Or at least I thought we had...

Take your time - we'll wait while you catch up to the rest of us .
........"one person or a small group "..
The difference is when a person of my race, religion, or nationality does something bad, I don't defend,support, or protect that person.

A member of homeland security committee said it is so hard to find out about US Muslim terrorist groups because the Muslim community want to deny it is happening and turn their eyes.

As I stated , when that young Muslim stabber in St Cloud was shot, it was discovered that he was an excellent high school student, excellent college student....UNTIL..he started to spend more and more time delving into his Muslim religion. It was then he went from an "A " student in college to flunking out and working as a part time security guard.

Yet, his parents, through their lawyer, denied their son had changed at all and called that a rumor.

The rest of the Somali community didn't give a rat's arse about the trauma the 10 white stabbing victims endured , but instead used the media to turn this stabbing into a "pity party" for the Somalian community in St Cloud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2017, 10:00 PM

628 posts, read 1,436,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I'm a rockstar here. You have a long way to go.
i'm guessing you're not very good at anything in real life, so i'll let you have this one. also, i've been here longer.

Old 01-17-2017, 10:04 PM

902 posts, read 862,751 times
Quote:
That's your example - really? Some people who were Muslim did something dumb and a tragic event ensued? Whew...it's a good thing no one of non-Muslim heritage has ever done anything like that...

I think we've learned that the activities of one person or a small group are almost never indicative of the attitudes of an entire populace. Or at least I thought we had...

Take your time - we'll wait while you catch up to the rest of us .
I'm going to have to assume you haven't read the security brief on the incident in KMSP. Are you unaware of the position imams have in the Muslim religion? It's unfortunate for them that a citizen who was fluent in their language just happened to be in the boarding area and reported the conversation to an employee.

For those unaware, these religious leaders spoke openly of death to America in the gate area. They then boarded the aircraft but proceeded to sit separately. One towards the front, one in the middle, and one in the rear. They requested seatbelt extensions even though none of them were customers of size. After they were removed, the seatbelt extensions were found still wrapped up and unused.

That's what we refer to as a "test" of our security procedures. Of course they sued for discrimination. It's unfortunate for them that a witness in the gate heard their conversation.

Old 01-18-2017, 11:27 AM

871 posts, read 1,088,453 times
If you're worried about terrorism, avoid conservative, anti-government white males:

http://www.kansascity.com/news/speci...e29820328.html

"Another analysis, by the New America Foundation, reports that since 9/11, terrorists motivated by extreme anti-government views or virulent neo-Nazi/anti-Semitic beliefs have killed more people in the United States than jihadist terrorists motivated by al-Qaida’s ideology."

We need to start screening adult white males at airports due to the concerns law enforcement agencies have about them. It may mean an inconvenience to them, but for the safety of the broader community it's absolutely necessary. We may also need to restrict their gun ownership: the death rate of their misanthropic and terroristic behavior is entirely too high.

Old 01-18-2017, 12:07 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedosius View Post
If you're worried about terrorism, avoid conservative, anti-government white males:

| The Kansas City Star

"Another analysis, by the New America Foundation, reports that since 9/11, terrorists motivated by extreme anti-government views or virulent neo-Nazi/anti-Semitic beliefs have killed more people in the United States than jihadist terrorists motivated by al-Qaida’s ideology."

We need to start screening adult white males at airports due to the concerns law enforcement agencies have about them. It may mean an inconvenience to them, but for the safety of the broader community it's absolutely necessary. We may also need to restrict their gun ownership: the death rate of their misanthropic and terroristic behavior is entirely too high.

won't happen cuz they'll beotch and moan about their rights being trampled and go crying to the ACLU for protection

Old 01-18-2017, 01:09 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,708,765 times
Quote:

| The Kansas City Star

Despite being corrected on this point in the past, you continue to cite old data which runs from 9/12/01 through 6/22/15. Using current data would add the 49 people killed by an Islamic terrorist on 6/12/16 at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando on 6/12/16. (Not to mention the 53 injured.) Of course you also conveniently ignore the 2,996 people killed by Islamic terrorists on 9/11/01. It's odd that you continue to ignore these deaths, but then they disprove your point so perhaps it's not so odd after all.

Old 01-18-2017, 01:49 PM

871 posts, read 1,088,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
won't happen cuz they'll beotch and moan about their rights being trampled and go crying to the ACLU for protection
Be that as it may, we need to follow the empirical evidence and take it where it leads us if we are really interested in fighting terrorism. Targeting muslims or somalians doesn't make sense in that regard as the biggest perpetrators of terrorism are conservative white males. Clearly we'll need to start a registry of some sort, and maybe start adding them to Do Not Fly lists. Active participation in right wing organizations should also be taken into consideration when doing background checks and the like when a member of that dangerous community tries to buy a firearm. The registry and Do Not Fly lists already have conservative support so politically speaking the implementation of these policies should be a cakewalk.

Old 01-18-2017, 01:53 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,708,765 times
Quote:
Be that as it may, we need to follow the empirical evidence and take it where it leads us if we are really interested in fighting terrorism. Targeting muslims or somalians doesn't make sense in that regard as the biggest perpetrators of terrorism are conservative white males. Clearly we'll need to start a registry of some sort, and maybe start adding them to Do Not Fly lists. Active participation in right wing organizations should also be taken into consideration when doing background checks and the like when a member of that dangerous community tries to buy a firearm. The registry and Do Not Fly lists already have conservative support so politically speaking the implementation of these policies should be a cakewalk.
I am glad that you acknowledge that your data was outdated, your post was misleading, and your point was false. As you say, we must "follow the empirical evidence and take it where it leads us." Step one is getting the numbers right.

Last edited by Glenfield; 01-18-2017 at 02:05 PM..

Old 01-29-2017, 11:58 AM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
I doubt it. Several of my former Marine colleagues who were in Somalia don't hate all Somalis just because they were deployed to/fought in that country.
You doubt that is a valid reason? I assure you it is.

Old 01-29-2017, 11:02 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,194,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
I understand that my posts on this board aren't going to change anybody's opinion on this matter (although I'm confident that progress could be made with a few beers at a local establishment). It's just disappointing to see so many people who feel this way. Yeah Somalis are different in the way they look, dress, talk. They practice a different religion which may require some accommodations in school or the workplace (other religions require accommodations too by the way). And yes some Somalis commit crimes just like every other group of people in this country. Most are good people though and I feel they deserve for us to treat them like everyone else without pre-conceived judgment, that's all. I don't think it's a lot to ask.
Good points. Just like law abiding white people do not want to be judged or despised for the actions of other violent white people like Ted Bundy, Wayne Gacy, Jeffrey Dahmer, Timothy McVeigh, and most recently Dylann Roof, who killed nine people in a South Carolina church (not a complete list btw!), law abiding Somali people do not deserve to be judged by the actions of a tiny percentage of violent Somali people.

The solution is to respect and support law abiding people regardless of race/ethnicity and to appropriately punish violent people regardless of race/ethnicity.

Last edited by chessgeek; 01-29-2017 at 11:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota