Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 05:03 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,287,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles2008 View Post
i am going to suggest that this movie is based in, not filmed in, Minnetonka because they refer to the Ridgedale Mall, which is located in Minnetonka. It would also add to how Bren says "...up in Stillwater" since Stillwater is north of Minnetonka as well as about an hour away from St Cloud.
Stillwater really isn't north of Minnetonka-slightly I suppose but it would be more east.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 07:58 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,672,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnehahapolitan View Post
The fictional town that Juno is set in is a neighborhood of older bungalows. Elk River, or at least nearly all of Elk River, has been built in the last couple decades. The movie was not trying to depict any particular city, but if I had to make a comparison Elk River would be far down the list.

What? Elk River has a bunch of older homes. Elk River was a pretty big city feeding off of Highway 10 before I94 was built. I could show you neighborhoods that look like the one in Juno

Old 07-14-2009, 10:06 PM

20 posts, read 71,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNinWA View Post
I'm gonna have to disagree with both ideas that the film was shot in either Elk River or MSP. I think the show was "based" out of Alex - you got your old-school houses and it's also ~1 hour from St. Cloud.
I wish! But there's no way it was based on Alexandria.

Wikipedia says that the idea of the movie was thought up in a Minneapolis Starbuck's, so that could be a good indication.

Old 04-08-2010, 12:22 PM

1 posts, read 3,766 times
BURNABY not Barnaby

Old 04-08-2010, 09:56 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,672,881 times
Pretty sure it was Elk River, but Diablo Cody wrote the screen play in the Target Greatland in Crystal off of Broadway

Old 04-11-2010, 06:36 PM

2,105 posts, read 4,598,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNNative View Post
No bubble bursting...I think we're all in agreement we know it was filmed in Canada. We are trying to figure out the location it was supposed to take place in (storywise). Somewhere here in MN...
By doing simple google, the movie Juno.

Where is Juno supposed to take place?
The fictional town of "Dancing Elk Minnesota" This may be a western subburb of MPLS.

Juno (2007) - FAQ

Old 06-27-2012, 02:05 AM

1 posts, read 2,719 times
Ok about the location where Juno lives, she mentioned Ridgedale mall so she has to be close to it so New Hope or Crystal or could be where it was set in.

Old 05-28-2016, 02:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,914 times
See talked about Ridgedale Mall. That is in MN. The movie is indicating it is set in MN.

Old 05-30-2016, 11:20 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,804,566 times
I don't see what is so confusing about this.

Juno was set in Minnesota. It was filmed in Canada. Why do so many people have trouble with that? It's not a contradiction. Many shows don't film on location. The mall and airport scenes in Mallrats weren't really filmed in New Jersey, where that film was set (they were filmed at Eden Prairie Mall and MSP). And here's some breaking news - Star Wars wasn't really filmed in a galaxy far, far away, either.

Setting. Filming location. Two different things.

As for the town in which Juno lived and went to school, we don't know what it is. The film doesn't say. Period. The film doesn't give enough information to pinpoint it. Period. That's because it simply does not matter. Yes, there's St. Cloud as a location in the film. Yes, Ridgedale is mentioned. But that's it. Juno's hometown is unknown.

We.
Don't.
Know.
Where.
It.
Is.

Fiction doesn't always spell everything out. And that's fine.

Old 05-30-2016, 01:01 PM

3,773 posts, read 5,321,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
And here's some breaking news - Star Wars wasn't really filmed in a galaxy far, far away, either.
Be very careful. Someone might report you for this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota