Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2019, 09:06 PM

5 posts, read 2,567 times

Advertisements

Hey folks!

It's looking like I'll be relocating to Murdock, MN or the nearby areas sometime the beginning of 2020. I'm a private music teacher who has 20+ years of experience and has been teaching for 10+ years. Can anyone tell me if there's any interest in violin, viola, cello, and piano lessons? Or if there are any other avenues I can be reaching out to in order to find out..?

Thanks a million!
~LLP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2019, 05:10 AM

3,773 posts, read 5,320,354 times
llp_4&1Strings

Welcome to western Minnesota!

The largest city in the area, Willmar, is only 24 minutes down the road from Murdock. There is a music store there (Whitney Music Center) which has a very active music scene. They offer lessons and allow teachers to use their store as a base.

I spent two years in Willmar and attended their Monday night jam sessions (6-7 p.m.). They also host a Thursday night session in the cafe attached to the store where the house band plays from the Great American Songbook. Saturday mornings (9-11 a.m.) have bluegrass jam sessions.

https://www.whitneymusic.com

Occasionally they will host a group traveling through the area. I went one Thursday night to watch a jazz violinist from Wisconsin and a couple of his guitar students play a set. They also hosted a workshop before the performance.

NFI on my part.

You could also contact the Willmar Area Symphonic Orchestra for information about finding students in the area.
Willmar Area Symphonic Orchestra

Old 05-23-2019, 08:56 AM

5 posts, read 2,567 times
Wonderful, thank you for the information!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota