Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2006, 04:46 PM

7 posts, read 57,783 times

Advertisements

Today I drove down Como Ave through the Saint Anthony area and I love it! It's so cute, and I like the area because it's close to campus (I work at the hospital) and also close to St. Paul/Roseville. Does anyone have any information on where to look for an apartment in that area? I'd like to get a studio I think. Also, how's the crime there? I'm assuming a lot of St. Paul campus students live around there...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2006, 09:09 PM

131 posts, read 616,284 times
Saint Anthony Park is a great area. The village of St. Anthony is a different area (suburb of Mpls.) You can look here http://www.sapcc.org/ for crime stats, just scroll down and click the link. Despite the fact that it says crime is increasing, it's very low in that area considering the number of people who live there and the amount of traffic. It's quite a large area from just south of Larpenteur on the north side down to I-94 on the south. The west boundary is just west of Hwy 280 and runs next to KSTP and the east boundary goes over to Snelling in parts. There are literally thousands of people who pass thru this area every day so when you consider that, the crime rate is pretty low.

There are some apartments on Larpenteur and Eustis in Lauderdale just east of 280. There are lots of places to rent close by in Falcon Heights (Snelling and Larpenteur) and numerous apartment buildings on Larpenteur. There are also some apartment buildings west of Burger King and Famous Dave's on Cty Rd B and Snelling in Roseville. I'm not sure what price range you're looking at. Just drive around the area. You may want to head more east than west on Como. I think there is a bus line that runs on Larpenteur and I know the 84 runs on Snelling (from Rosedale to the light rail station on Hiawatha and 46th where you can go on to the airport and mega mall).

As an added note, there are 1 or 2 small apartment buildings on Larpenteur and Fairview (nw corner). I had a friend who lived there several years ago and they were decent and the owner/caretaker at the time was nice. The Ag College test plots are across the street to the east so you may have a nice view if you face that way. Unless of course you don't like looking at cornfields.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota