U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2006, 08:39 PM

29 posts, read 62,130 times

Advertisements

Anyone who has been to Frisco in the past five years will know what I mean. Retail all over the place, sky high real estate, and no real character to the town.....

I have been here two months now...people seem very aloof. As Popeye says, "I is depressed".

Not even a good cantina around to down a cerveza or dos......

Hook Em.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2006, 04:29 AM

153 posts, read 664,870 times
You live out suburbia where your typical bar has trouble staying alive. One thing about bars in the upper midwest is they are either downtown in the city, or out in the boondocks - suburban bars are rare. The Twin Cities is notorious for not having any good watering holes in suburbia. Plus your average Twin Cities Drinker can't hold a candle to a seasoned Wisconsin Drinker.

As for Maple Grove, the only decent watering hole i can think of is the Claddagh Irish Pub, 7890 Main St N, Osseo, MN 55369 - just to your north.

One thing about Minnesota - the liquor laws suck. Head over to Wisconsin (Hudson isn't bad) you'll find much more for a bar scene, and drinking style like you are used to. (Though I dare say your average Wisconsinite would drink a Texan under the table - I had a few buddies from Texas, and we had to take a 5 martini handicap before we let the texans start drinking).

If you are really looking to get hammered I would suggest Superior, WI/Duluth, MN. Just ask a cabbie to take you to Tower Ave. You'll be hammered in no time But like I said - when I need to get serious with my drinking - it's off to Wisconsin I go.

Old 12-20-2006, 05:06 AM

20,793 posts, read 56,463,971 times
Moving to a new area is all in what you put into it. If you constantly find the bad in something, you will never fit in or like your new place. There are plenty of bars around the twin cities but when you move to a suburb you aren't going to find a large singles crowd at a bar. That is just common sense. If you want a hopping nightlife, head into Minneapolis or St. Paul on a weekend.

Also, you can't sit back and wait for people to come knocking on your door, join a club, join a church, get involved in a service organization, etc. You have to make an effort to meet people. Also, if you are constantly complaining about MN like you do here, you are going to turn people off.

I have moved enough in my life to know that it takes a good 6 months to really start meeting people and getting involved in things. Give it some more time and in the mean time, take up an activity where you WILL meet people.

Old 12-20-2006, 07:50 PM

29 posts, read 62,130 times
Default Really, now

Thanks for the condescension.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota