Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 04:15 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,364,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knke0204 View Post
I am a Wells Fargo employee. I prefer Wells Fargo. In terms of Customer Service, it is the # 1 thing we strive for. Anyone who complains about fees or bad relationships is completely their fault. As an employee there I see everyday how people get fees and its always their fault. People complain about overdrafting like they are idiots... "Wahh, i have an overdraft fee, it's your fault bank!" Well sir, you had $400 in your account and went to Best Buy for $100, Cub Foods for $200, and then you sent a bill to AT&T for $75. That leaves $25 in your account... Then the next day you went and filled up gas for $50 when tehre was still $25 in your account. But wait, you are getting paid tomorrow so it's ok? No, it's not. You still went in the negative, so you pay a fee. When you spend money that you DO NOT HAVE it is only fair that you get penalized. Why would you think that it is ok to spend money that you don't have?

It's the best when people come in and yell and you look and see that they went to

McDonlads - $5.99
Caribou - $3.45
Jimmy Johns - $7.89
Night Club-$26.00
Burger King - $ 4.23

It's like yeah, you got fees for each time you charged your card, regardless of the amount or place...

If you do things right and are SMART about your money, you'll never incurr fees. The bottom line is that many people are totally ignorant to the finance industry or how banking works in general. Also, many people spend money in the stupidest ways possible.

Although I agree with you, I find it funny that you start off by saying that customer service is #1, then you go directly into a rant on how stupid your customers are. Something about that scenario seems off to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 08:08 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,672,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
Although I agree with you, I find it funny that you start off by saying that customer service is #1, then you go directly into a rant on how stupid your customers are. Something about that scenario seems off to me.

Customer service to help them find a resolution, we typically find the best resolution. Do you seriously think I am like that to customers???

Typically those who do right with our banks are our desired customers. Those who continually abuse their accounts and just can't seem to do anything right, well then maybe WF isn't for you, and that's fine with us. If you're a bad customer, it actually costs us more money to keep you around, so it's better to leave. We have more branches than any other bank in the USA, and one of the only banks that refused TARP money, we're doing just OK when it comes to business.

Best Buy strives for customer service, but I bet they aren't too customer service friendly if a customer has a TV from there for 5 years, breaks it-which was 100% their fault and they go back to Best Buy screaming that they have their money back and that Best Buy sucks, and that they are to blame for the broken TV.

Or similarily, screaming at a police officer for a parking ticket. It's not their fault that YOU parked in a spot that YOU WERE NOT SUPPOSED TO PARK. Clearly written "YOU WILL GET TICKETED IF YOU PARK HERE" and they still blame it on the police officer...Same concept.

On an internet forum, I feel as if I am entitled to ranting about some bad apples.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:37 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,364,120 times
Quote:
On an internet forum, I feel as if I am entitled to ranting about some bad apples.
Ah, the beauty of the internet.

Old 04-08-2010, 12:51 PM

4 posts, read 8,871 times
Tcf suckkkkkkkks! Everything about them sucks on down to there color scheme!

Old 04-08-2010, 09:54 PM

Ha, Wells Fargo is good, if you buy into the 'Wells Fargo style' of finance. If you don't think you can conform to their rules, then it's not the place for you!

Some great things about Wells Fargo...

The #2 issuer of US Postage Stamps in the USA. #1?-The US postal service.

More ATMS than anyother bank in the USA
More branches than any other bank in the USA
THe only major bank that DID NOT need the TARP money...
The FIRST major bank to give to Haiti... $100,000 the first night, $300,000 more a week later.
First consumer bank to offer Online banking-In 1988.

The ONLY bank to expand during the great recession -(purchased Wachovia).

WF will charge TONS of fees, but it's pretty easy to avoid them, just visit your banker.
Like I said earlier, Most people don't care, don't bother getting things fixed, and then beeeotch about the 5 months of fees.

Old 04-09-2010, 02:24 AM

1,669 posts, read 6,232,976 times
Quote:
I am a Wells Fargo employee. I prefer Wells Fargo. In terms of Customer Service, it is the # 1 thing we strive for. Anyone who complains about fees or bad relationships is completely their fault. As an employee there I see everyday how people get fees and its always their fault. People complain about overdrafting like they are idiots... "Wahh, i have an overdraft fee, it's your fault bank!" Well sir, you had $400 in your account and went to Best Buy for $100, Cub Foods for $200, and then you sent a bill to AT&T for $75. That leaves $25 in your account... Then the next day you went and filled up gas for $50 when tehre was still $25 in your account. But wait, you are getting paid tomorrow so it's ok? No, it's not. You still went in the negative, so you pay a fee. When you spend money that you DO NOT HAVE it is only fair that you get penalized. Why would you think that it is ok to spend money that you don't have?

It's the best when people come in and yell and you look and see that they went to

McDonlads - $5.99
Caribou - $3.45
Jimmy Johns - $7.89
Night Club-$26.00
Burger King - $ 4.23

It's like yeah, you got fees for each time you charged your card, regardless of the amount or place...

If you do things right and are SMART about your money, you'll never incurr fees. The bottom line is that many people are totally ignorant to the finance industry or how banking works in general. Also, many people spend money in the stupidest ways possible.
Does Wells Fargo do the largest to smallest processing "trick" to maximize overdraft fees? I know some people really complain about some banks doing that. I have never had an overdraft with Wells Fargo so I don't know.

For example if that person listed above had $30 in their account and spent the following....

McDonalds - $5.99 - 7am
Caribou - $3.45 - 8am
Jimmy Johns - $7.89 - 12pm
Burger King - $ 4.23 - 5pm
Night Club - $26.00 - 11pm

If processed in order that would be 1 overdraft. If processed largest to smallest, it would be 4 overdrafts.

Old 04-09-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving123456 View Post
Does Wells Fargo do the largest to smallest processing "trick" to maximize overdraft fees? I know some people really complain about some banks doing that. I have never had an overdraft with Wells Fargo so I don't know.

For example if that person listed above had $30 in their account and spent the following....

McDonalds - $5.99 - 7am
Caribou - $3.45 - 8am
Jimmy Johns - $7.89 - 12pm
Burger King - $ 4.23 - 5pm
Night Club - $26.00 - 11pm

If processed in order that would be 1 overdraft. If processed largest to smallest, it would be 4 overdrafts.

I'm not 100% sure, but yes, banks ALWAYS pay the LARGEST purchase 1st.
Mind you, there are times where a charge goes through BEFORE a purchase, even though you made the purchase AFTER. For example: If you slide your card for $10.00 on Saturday morning, it won't come out of your account til Tuesday, where it will sit (Pending)... Then, on Monday you run your card for $50.00(before 4pm). On Tuesday then, your account will debit the LARGEST purchase FIRST, so the $50.00 purchase you made on Monday at 1:00 pm, will come out BEFORE the $10.00 purchase on Saturday. This gets people all the time. What many customers fail to realize is that 'kiting' is illegal, and it's something that almost everyone is guilty of at some point. You know the story- You got $100 in your account, you write a check for rent @ $400, knowing that the deposit TOMORROW is going to cover before the check gets taken from your account in 2 days. Well, kiting is the same story with debit cards. Many customers have the mentality of "I have $50.00 in my account, but I'll get paid Direct Deposit from work tomorrow @ $500, so If i go in the negative, it won't matter because it will still be pending then my check will come in"

Like I said, I'm not sure why the system pays the largest first. Justifications that I have heard are that Banks (Are required to?) pay the LARGEST because customer's LARGEST purchases are typically the MOST important, such as Rent, Mortgage, Car Payment. So to potentially NOT pay the LARGEST can put somebody out on the street or keep them from getting to work where they can MAKE money. That's what I have heard. Once you think about it, it seems like a scam though.

Something to think about: The 5 big banks of America - Bank of America, Wells Fargo, JPMorgan Chase, CITI Bank, and some other bank all agreed to amend their Overdraft policies together. Starting June 16th current customers will have the CHOICE to have their cards be DECLINED if there aren't funds available. So, $20 in your account, you run your card for $21, it will say DECLINED. Also, customers will not be able to get more than 3 (or maybe it's 5) overdraft fees in a business day. Also, customers will not receive overdraft fees if the purchase was less than $5. Keep in mind this is something that the customer needs to iniate and set up.

TCF Bank did not opt into the Overdraft changes. Not sure if US Bank did or not either. TCF's justification was "We want our customers to have that option-the option of "hey it's winter in Duluth, and we need to get home to the cities, and we have $3 in our account"- we want our customers to be able to use their card, and the $35 fee is something that they are willing to pay to get home safe...

Last edited by knke0204; 04-09-2010 at 02:24 PM.. Reason: isn't-aren't

Old 04-26-2010, 05:34 PM

35 posts, read 98,401 times
Default bank?

wells fargo likes to impose social secrets

Old 04-28-2010, 03:08 PM

761 posts, read 3,414,477 times
Credit Unions...

Old 04-28-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norsky1 View Post
Credit Unions...

I would reccomend Credit Unions over banks.

But again, Credit Unions and Banks are 2 different institutions, apples and oranges.

Banks are in the biz of making money. We're not UNICEF.
Credit Unions are not in the biz of making money.

Today, a customer yelled at me because we charge $1.00 for a 'Printed Statement from the ATM'. We charge $1 for a piece of paper that says your balance. But it's free to just look at your balance on the screen. They guy couldnt get the concept why we would charge.

Um.. Because paper costs money. Not just to buy, but to store, transport and pay a guy to install the paper. Business Economics. We're not in the business of promoting wasteful uses of paper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota