U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 08:22 PM

134 posts, read 372,137 times
Question Best Banks in Minnesota???

I will be relocating to Minnetonka, Minnesota from my home state Arkansas in August. I would like to hear advices/opinions on best banks in the state of Minnesota since I am not familar with any of Minnesotan banks with the exception of TCF Bank and Wells Fargo. Since Minnesota does not have any branches of my bank, I will need to transfer my personal account and savings to new bank as soon as I arrive there. I prefer honest and trustworthy banks that do not take out so much for monthly fees. I also should be able to count on that bank easily for my future use such as taking out personal loans and mortage loan as a family man buying a dream home for my family, for an example. Additional special benefits for college students and good availability of ATMs throughout the location would be a plus. Anything you can share with me would be helpful and greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 09:03 PM

476 posts, read 1,166,914 times
Why use a bank when you can use a credit union? Admittedly, I can only withdraw money without a service fee from a couple locations, but its worth it having a place that's not going to rip you off.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:38 PM

1,672 posts, read 3,631,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchArk87 View Post
I am not familar with any of Minnesotan banks with the exception of TCF Bank and Wells Fargo.
Those are the 2 big ones here with the most branches and ATM locations.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:41 PM

725 posts, read 1,581,309 times
I know people have many different opinions, but I've had Wells Fargo for four years and have yet to have a single problem. Their ATMs are everywhere here and are by far the nicest.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:06 AM

20,804 posts, read 29,215,249 times
We also have Wells Fargo and have never had a problem. We have free ATM fee's so we can use any ATM we want and no fees from Wells. If the other bank charges a fee, we have to pay that but with the number of Wells ATM AND Kwik Trip gas stations have no fee ATM's, we never pay ATM fees. We have no fee's for anything at Wells.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:26 AM

4,235 posts, read 6,683,454 times
NOT Wells Fargo. I banked with them for nearly 5 years and it was a nightmare! I switched to a credit union and had nothing but excellent customer service since.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:03 AM

1,672 posts, read 3,631,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aluminumpork View Post
I know people have many different opinions, but I've had Wells Fargo for four years and have yet to have a single problem. Their ATMs are everywhere here and are by far the nicest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
We also have Wells Fargo and have never had a problem. We have free ATM fee's so we can use any ATM we want and no fees from Wells. If the other bank charges a fee, we have to pay that but with the number of Wells ATM AND Kwik Trip gas stations have no fee ATM's, we never pay ATM fees. We have no fee's for anything at Wells.
I have also been happy with Wells Fargo so far. I like convenience of them having branches and ATMs in many places. I love being able to easily pay all of my bills at once from my account on their website. I get no service fee, free checks, and free online bill payment with their "Complete Advantage Package" by setting up an automatic monthly savings transfer of $75+ which can just be transferred right back to checking the same day if needed.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:00 PM

5,289 posts, read 4,218,139 times
I have Wells Fargo here too,I also kept my account with Bank of America thats where I have my checks direct deposited.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:07 AM

5 posts, read 20,996 times
I like Wells Fargo ATMs. There are many of them as Rainbow foods, and SuperAmerica gas. They include your balance on the slips. I previously had TCF, ATMs didn't include balance info.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:19 AM

62 posts, read 173,887 times
I am all about the Credit Union. I use Spire now (formerly Twin Cities Co-op). Some of the things that set them apart from the awful TCFs and Wells of this world are their exemplary customer service, no fees, free ATM, the LOWEST interest rates for purchases (like vehicle loans - other CU's probably have these too) and oh, yeah, did I mention customer service? It's like no other.

Recently I was traveling abroad in a remote area. One evening while in a little town, I sadly forgot to take my ATM card out of the machine. The machine ate it. I called Spire and within 24 hours, a new one had been Fed-Expressed (FOR FREE) to the remote resort I was staying at. Unbelievable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota