U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 04:58 PM

120 posts, read 289,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
Been there, MN has them beat most days if you look at the weather reports-this summer being the exception.
Been there when? You certainly can't compare the humidity in those states to Mn's in the summertime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 05:42 AM

9,807 posts, read 5,355,450 times
Minnesota's winters may be a valid complaint if one doesn't like snow or cold.

But the --heat and humidity---in Minnesota's summers?

C'mon now.

I would think that complaint was sarcasm but I didn't see---"sarc"----typed at the end of that post.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:01 PM

57 posts, read 136,115 times
Humidity. Ugh.

Frankly, I think Minnesota is too humid. How people live in Florida is beyond me!

But 97F and humid beats a January day when the high temperature is -12F any day!

Old 08-17-2008, 11:10 AM

769 posts, read 1,397,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Have you been to Houston or Miami in the summer?!?!? MN is a lot cooler, and less humid, feels downright chilly in comparison. I believe Minneapolis averages 14 days over 90 degrees. Houston averages 97 days, with crippling humidity. Trust me, I lived in TN and never again will I say Chicago is hot and humid. Ever.

And besides, MN and Chicago's humidity is punctuated by nice, cool, dry spells, like we're currently experiencing.
True. It's funny how people say the humidity is worse this year. I thought it was better. But this August it has gotten cooler, and there have been several breezy days in June and July.

Old 08-17-2008, 12:24 PM

6,745 posts, read 5,163,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collideascope View Post
Humidity. Ugh.

Frankly, I think Minnesota is too humid. How people live in Florida is beyond me!

But 97F and humid beats a January day when the high temperature is -12F any day!
Actually, I prefer a bitter cold day over a humid scorcher. I survive the best when its dry and 58.7 degrees.

Old 08-17-2008, 06:29 PM

57 posts, read 136,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Actually, I prefer a bitter cold day over a humid scorcher. I survive the best when its dry and 58.7 degrees.
I'll take the humidity because, while very unpleasant, it isn't actually painful. Plus, the bitter cold means a whole host of other unpleasant factors abound (associated with winter in general).

But I'm much happier in a dry climate than a humid one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota