Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 11:54 AM

16 posts, read 46,001 times

Advertisements

What about this humid/heat? Im thinking this is the hottest summer of all.. I could be wrong but I really don't remember Minnesota being this humid before.

I don't know about you people but if im outside during this humid crap I start to feel sick.. I dont handle humid/heat very well.

However, the weatherman said its supposed to cool down a bit next week,since its going to be raining and storming.. so we'll see how that goes. But until then, its still hot and humid.. which I really can't stand!

Maybe I need to move..kidding! Not yet! = P

Last edited by ShiNnGsTar*; 08-01-2008 at 12:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2008, 06:57 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,297,575 times
I hate to break it to you but this will probably go down as one of the COOLEST summers on record. This is nothing. It has been a great summer temperature-wise. We didn't even turn on our AC until JULY, usually it goes on in mid-May.

Old 08-02-2008, 11:11 AM

16 posts, read 46,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
I hate to break it to you but this will probably go down as one of the COOLEST summers on record. This is nothing. It has been a great summer temperature-wise. We didn't even turn on our AC until JULY, usually it goes on in mid-May.
Well it just seems to be hotter than I would normally think. I dont know!

Old 08-03-2008, 05:53 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,297,575 times
On WCCO last night they were doing a comparison, we have had 6 days above 90° so far this summer, average is 20 days by now.

Old 08-03-2008, 01:20 PM

638 posts, read 3,123,604 times
I find that as I get older I'm not as fond of the heat and humidity as I used to be. I also know that when I was heavier the humidity bothered me more than it does now. This has been a bad year for allergies/asthma too.

Do you think that your health may be part of why the heat and humidity are bothering you this year?

Old 08-03-2008, 01:42 PM

23 posts, read 78,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenLee View Post
I find that as I get older I'm not as fond of the heat and humidity as I used to be. I also know that when I was heavier the humidity bothered me more than it does now. This has been a bad year for allergies/asthma too.

Do you think that your health may be part of why the heat and humidity are bothering you this year?
I haven't got sick yet this year.. so Im thinking thats not the problem. Btw.. I used to be ShiNnGsTar*. But I see I spelt it wrong! haha. But no, I don't think that is why the heat and the humidity is bothering me.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:15 PM

36 posts, read 183,016 times
Seems MUCH cooler this summer as compared to the last couple.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:56 AM

7,639 posts, read 18,121,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiNnGsTar* View Post
What about this humid/heat? Im thinking this is the hottest summer of all.. I could be wrong but I really don't remember Minnesota being this humid before.

I don't know about you people but if im outside during this humid crap I start to feel sick.. I dont handle humid/heat very well.

However, the weatherman said its supposed to cool down a bit next week,since its going to be raining and storming.. so we'll see how that goes. But until then, its still hot and humid.. which I really can't stand!

Maybe I need to move..kidding! Not yet! = P
Oddly enough, I've been talking about how COOL this summer has been in Duluth compared to others.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:34 AM

3,663 posts, read 8,664,286 times
This summer is has had more humidity but not as much heat compared to the last few summers. We have had our air on alot for the humidity. Its Minnesota, land of humidity.

Old 08-04-2008, 11:56 AM

638 posts, read 3,123,604 times
We were discussing this with some visitors from northern MN this morning and one of them said that it "seems" worse this year because spring seemed to linger on for so long, all the way into June this year. She said that it was cool for so long that by the time it finally turned into summer we weren't acclimated to summer weather yet.

Sounds good to me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota